Cooperative bank.

4 posts Page 1 of 1

c.j

Post by c.j » Fri Sep 05, 2008 4:35 pm
We have an account with them set up just before iva and are quite happy with it, but I have recently tried to open accounts for my 3 children, i has been successful but 2 havent because of my credit rating. Obviously my credit rating is bad ha ha but how ridiculous.As i said to them what are they going to do under 10 years old, get a loan or a credit card. So perhaps they are not as understanding as they seem.Sorry to moan but my children have little option now as nobody else will touch them.
Iva finished !

freelili

Post by freelili » Fri Sep 05, 2008 4:41 pm
I had the same problem with trying to set up an account for my disabled son, he is just 18 and wanted his own disability money and to operate his account. Although his money is paid to me, I wanted him to have an account towards a bit of independance, I had a lot of problems as he couldnt actually fill in the forms properly, so I helped in out, went into the branch with him etc. They wanted me to be some sort of minder but I told them my credit rating would blow the computers up or something. He was refused, so I wrote to them asking why? Could they explain in writing why my son would be denied an account because of my debt problems? They couldnt actually justify any reason so they opened his account for him, the computer had said no so I challenged it. Thats what happens I think computers say no but humans can say yes.

We are also with the co op.
LILY

http://freelili.blogs.iva.co.uk

I asked God for an answer, I have to live with his reply.
Exsisto an angelus quod planto quispiam sentio melior.

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Fri Sep 05, 2008 5:03 pm
That's the trouble with computers - they only 'see' things in black and white.

At least you can explain things to a human.
Sharing from experiences of dealing with debt
The greatness of a man is not in how much wealth he acquires, but in his integrity and his ability to affect those around him positively.
Bob Marley.
http://kallis3.blogs.iva.co.uk

Soulgrowth

Post by Soulgrowth » Fri Sep 05, 2008 10:17 pm
Good for you for sticking with it Lily.

Debbie
Debbie
4 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “we salute the special people managing disability”