Corporate Credit Cards

4 posts Page 1 of 1

Dumplin

Post by Dumplin » Thu Mar 26, 2009 12:44 pm
Hi,

This is my first post on this forum but have been an avid reader for the past few months.

I am in an IVA and have completed 30 months so far. My job is changing a little and I am now required to travel overseas on business. I have been considering applying for a corporate credit card. The way our company cards work is that the employee is required to pay the entire balance at the end of each month by direct debit and reclaim the expenses. This I guess means that the employee/individual is liable for the debt and not the company. Would I be able to apply for a Corporate Credit Card?

Advice please.

Michael Peoples

Industry Expert
Post by Michael Peoples » Thu Mar 26, 2009 1:13 pm
I do not think it would be an issue for your IP as the company is ultimately liable for the debt on the card and you are not in effect obtaining credit. However, I do not know if the card issuer runs credit checks against named cardholders which would cause your application to be declined.
Michael Peoples | McCambridge Duffy Insolvency Practitioners
http://www.mccambridgeduffy.com
If you would like to talk to me about proposing an IVA or have any questions at all please visit www.mccambridgeduffy.com

MelanieGiles

Industry Expert
Post by MelanieGiles » Thu Mar 26, 2009 10:19 pm
If the company is liable for the balance, then I do not understand why it is asking you to cover the bill and then claim it all back. Seems a silly, roundabout way of doing something which should be simple.

Do check to see that it is the company who remain ultimately responsible for paying the bill.
Regards, Melanie Giles, Insolvency Practitioner

David Mond

Post by David Mond » Fri Mar 27, 2009 7:00 am
If they are paying ultimately why cannot they give you the corporate card which you sign on? It seems **se upwards to me
Regards, David Mond, Insolvency Practitioner for over 46 years. Personal Insolvency Practitioner of the year 2012, Personal Insolvency Practitioner of the year finalist 2013 & 2014 awarded by Insolvency & Rescue Magazine and 2015 finalist for Personal Insolvency Firm of the Year.
4 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “postings for june”