Cost of living payment

Get expert opinion. This is the place for new questions to be posted.
15 posts Page 1 of 1

nicola715

Post by nicola715 » Thu Jun 22, 2023 6:15 pm
In order to avoid strike action my work have agreed to pay everyone a one off 2k cost of living payment. Its unclear of this will be put in with our monthly salary or be a one off payment. Time scales also unclear at the minute.

Im quite prepared to pay whats needed to the iva, however given its a cost of living payment and all communication from work and the union clearly states this is there aby chance we can keep it?

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Thu Jun 22, 2023 7:38 pm
Hi,

Not sure how this is going to work but you need to speak to your ip to see what they say about this.
Sharing from experiences of dealing with debt
The greatness of a man is not in how much wealth he acquires, but in his integrity and his ability to affect those around him positively.
Bob Marley.
http://kallis3.blogs.iva.co.uk

nicola715

Post by nicola715 » Thu Jun 22, 2023 8:00 pm
Yeh agreed. Il wait to get the payment the send off the proof and ask

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Thu Jun 22, 2023 8:28 pm
Let us know how you get on.
The greatness of a man is not in how much wealth he acquires, but in his integrity and his ability to affect those around him positively.
Bob Marley.

nicola715

Post by nicola715 » Sat Jun 24, 2023 11:49 am
One more thing i wana ask. Ive started taking out in tbe region of 500-700 at the start of this month to put some.in am envelope for christmas, birthdays and to pay for things like clothes for the kids, us, save for new school uniforms etc - anything else we might need thats not food related. Just males things easier cus i control spending better. Would that be queried at the annual review?

nicola715

Post by nicola715 » Sat Jun 24, 2023 11:49 am
Meant each month

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Sat Jun 24, 2023 12:33 pm
You should have an allowance for things such as school uniforms but if you are taking out that amount of money which obviously not been spent on necessities then it probably will be queried and you may find that your IP company will think that you can pay more across to your IVA.
Bob Marley.

nicola715

Post by nicola715 » Sat Jun 24, 2023 12:38 pm
Oh we do but im just taking it out as cash and only using the account for food and dorect debits. Not sure i explained myself properly to be honest - its being used but in cash form. Things like the start of the month b&m shop - if i only bring out the cash and no card then i wont be lifting cushions and stuff i dont need cus i cant afford it

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Sat Jun 24, 2023 2:47 pm
It will show up on your bank statements and I think your IP company will query this. I don't blame you for what you are doing but you're not supposed to save money for Christmas etc. I financed Christmas etc by doing online surveys for gift cards all the way through my IVA and I still do them now.
Bob Marley.

nicola715

Post by nicola715 » Sun Jun 25, 2023 3:02 pm
I didnt realise u were allowed to do those! Ive a friend whose really active on a beer money sub in reddit and always tries to get me to do referrals and things but i never have cus i thought id need to declare it or that it would look weird on my bank statement lol. He does pretty well outa that and playing games for money - games i couldnt. Would legitimately hurt my soul

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Mon Jun 26, 2023 5:45 am
The only one I ever did for money was YouGov and that only pays out £50 a time and it takes a long time to get there.

The others are for gift vouchers which don't show up on your bank statements. As for playing games for money that is a form of gambling and would be frowned on by your IVA company.
Bob Marley.

nicola715

Post by nicola715 » Mon Jun 26, 2023 6:11 pm
Just got confirmation today its going into our june pay packet! No idea what the final figure will be cus tax will surely take a lot and the student lians company also. Really couldnt come at a better time - had a bit of a mishap with the car. Still drivable (kinda) but will take about a grand to fix. Thats definitely 1st on the agenda. Il fire off my payslip as soon as i get it. I think if i have to pay in it will be around 600 odd. If i dont have to happy days but honestly even if i do il get over it right and quick. Be the biggest amount of ever been paid in my life!!

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Mon Jun 26, 2023 8:19 pm
Fingers crossed!
Bob Marley.

nicola715

Post by nicola715 » Tue Jun 27, 2023 6:05 pm
We are allowed to keep it!!!! Delighted!!!

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Wed Jun 28, 2023 5:52 am
Excellent news!
Bob Marley.
15 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “Ask IVA Forum and Industry experts”