could i please just ask you for an opinion

4 posts Page 1 of 1

raymond.m

Post by raymond.m » Tue Aug 26, 2008 10:00 pm
hi,i'm awaiting a phone call of melanie giles tommorrow but in the meantime before i found her web site i looked on trapped.co.uk which i was led to off another site and filled out an online form on there and someone just rang me with no obligation advice,after going through my income and outgoings they think that a debt management would suit me better which they'll charge me £29 a month to manage,is that normal?

i don't know alot about ivas/debt management but from what i've read over the last 2 days i think i'd fell more cofortable with an iva as it says that creditors can still proceed with court action under a debt management,it's not that i'm trying to get out of paying what i owe as i know and i'm ashamed of getting myself in this situation and am more than willing to give what i can to pay them off but don't want to agree to an informal agreement and have more sleepless nights worrying,could i please just ask you for an opinion off someone that knows more about this than i do,thank you in advance

Soulgrowth

Post by Soulgrowth » Tue Aug 26, 2008 10:03 pm
Hi Raymond and welcome to the Forum.

Having experienced this journey myself I would definately vote for the IVA over a DMP for, as you observe, it gives greater protection and is more controlled with an end in sight.

My advice would always be to go with your intuition ... have a chat with Melanie's team tomorrow and see what you 'feel' after that.

Good luck.

Debbie
Debbie

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Tue Aug 26, 2008 10:06 pm
Hi Raymond and welcome from me too.

Melanie will give you some sound advice tomorrow and tell you all your options.

£29 a month to manage a DMP sounds quite cheap - we were charged £113 a month for ours when we had one.
Sharing from experiences of dealing with debt
The greatness of a man is not in how much wealth he acquires, but in his integrity and his ability to affect those around him positively.
Bob Marley.
http://kallis3.blogs.iva.co.uk

MelanieGiles

Industry Expert
Post by MelanieGiles » Tue Aug 26, 2008 10:07 pm
It's always a good idea to get a couple of opinions from professionals, so that you can compare the advice provided. We will not tell you what to do, but we will make sure that you are appraised of all options in order that you can make a reasoned choice for your future.
Regards, Melanie Giles, Insolvency Practitioner
4 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “postings for august”