could you please advise me on what to do next

2 posts Page 1 of 1

h3n

Post by h3n » Fri Feb 29, 2008 8:43 am
hi owe £5198 on a credit card i have been paying monthly instalments through a debt recovery angency but got behind on my payements they got intouch with me and told me to send an expenditure list which i did after a month i recieved a notice saying that i had to make payement in full i rang the new comapany up who sent the notice and they said i had 2 days to make full payment or they would be taking it to court to get me made bankcrupt i told them i wanted to pay instalments but they said they would not enter into an agreement with me and would be seeking my bankcruptcy so that the bank can wite my debt of as tax deductable or something like that i do not want to be bankrupt and i sent the expenditure form which they asked for to calculate a new repapayment now they have instructed allied international credit to take proceedings against me could you please advise me on what to do next

MelanieGiles

Industry Expert
Post by MelanieGiles » Fri Feb 29, 2008 8:49 am
Hi h3n and welcome to the forum

How much do you feel you can afford to pay to this creditor - and is this your only debt? It would be sensible to make an offer of ongoing payment directly based upon what you feel you can afford, and sometimes it is easier to deal with debt collection companies rather than the actual creditors themselves, as they can often be more commercial.
Regards, Melanie Giles, Insolvency Practitioner
2 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “postings for february”