council housing

3 posts Page 1 of 1

freelili

Post by freelili » Sun Nov 19, 2006 9:01 pm
I am sick with worry, had a message on my phone Friday from the council asking to attend an appointment. Spoke to them earlier in the week told them about my bankrutcy intention. I do have some arrears but have been paying them back religiously. I asked if I could reduce the payments since I am unemployed. What do they want to see me for? Can they make me homeless? It was too late to phone them back, I cannot cope with being made homeless, my kids wouldnt cope either. What if they cannot accept me as a bankrupt, I cannot afford to pay the full amount I was paying before, I would if I could. I am terrified and I cannot hold it in any longer.

LILY
LILY

http://freelili.blogs.iva.co.uk

I asked God for an answer, I have to live with his reply.
Exsisto an angelus quod planto quispiam sentio melior.

illihor

Post by illihor » Mon Nov 20, 2006 11:20 am
Lily

Get in contact with the Housing/Council tax benefits people. They should be able to assess things primarily over the phone and then ask for any supporting docs they may need later. This may go a long way to helping you with the rent/council tax and let you tackle the arrears. We have found them to be very helpful.

The reason for the appointment could well be to make sure you are getting any and all benefits you can and just to discuss all the options openly.

It will be extremely unlikely that they are going to throw you out. If you cant pay the rent at present then you should be entitled to housing/council tax benefit and things will be paid that way.

Hope this helps. Good Luck.

On the way to a brighter future....:-D
Kind Regards.

Lee

freelili

Post by freelili » Mon Nov 20, 2006 1:27 pm
Its ok

Just spoken with them, I have been passed on to the money advice team as an urgent case because I spoke with someone regarding the reduced rent payments and bandruptcy. Phew I think its my frame of mind permanent panic mode about everything. When this is all over I am going to have the nervous breakdown i deserve! Thats if I have any nerves left to break.

LILY
LILY

http://freelili.blogs.iva.co.uk

I asked God for an answer, I have to live with his reply.
Exsisto an angelus quod planto quispiam sentio melior.
3 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “how you were getting on in 2006”