Credit expert

19 posts Page 1 of 2

Kevwillo

Post by Kevwillo » Sun Mar 06, 2016 8:28 pm
Hi wonder if anyone can help. I have joined credit expert again and it's showing recent missed payment with an overdraft I had with the Halifax even though it has gone with the IVA? It's saying the 4 most recent are either missed or late and now showing as a delinquent and a negative?
I paid my last payment on 15.2.16 I'm with FreemanJones. I've rang credit expert who said they will put a dispute on but I'm not sure if it's FJ that I should contact? Can anyone help please because I'm trying to get my mortgage sorted but can't with this showing up thanks

Foggy

Post by Foggy » Sun Mar 06, 2016 10:04 pm
Delinquent accounts (defaults) will show for 6 years from the date of the start of the IVA, assuming they have been dated correctly.
My opinions are merely that .. opinions based on experience. Always seek professional advice.
IVA Completed 23rd July 2013 .... C.C. 10th January 2014

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Sun Mar 06, 2016 10:05 pm
You may well need to send off a copy of your completion to Halifax and tell them to remove the default
Sharing from experiences of dealing with debt
The greatness of a man is not in how much wealth he acquires, but in his integrity and his ability to affect those around him positively.
Bob Marley.
http://kallis3.blogs.iva.co.uk

Kevwillo

Post by Kevwillo » Sun Mar 06, 2016 10:43 pm
Don't understand that it's the most recent payments that have been missed / late?! I have an account with clearscore and it's not on that. I contacted Halifax yesterday and they can't find any missed payments or defaults on their system which I find rather strange? At a loss!

Lisa Thomas

Industry Expert

Post by Lisa Thomas » Mon Mar 07, 2016 9:50 am
if your IVA is still going, or you still haven't yet reached the 6 year anniversary then this will be academic, it will all adjust itself after the 6 year stage.

If that period has passed then send them a copy of your CC and remind them to update thier records accordingly.
I'm a licensed IP with 16+ yrs at Neville & Co covering the South West area. I have a YouTube channel with advisory videos on here: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCMPTTu ... Z5k9ZcC2MA http://www.nevilleco.co.uk 01752 786800 Lisa@nevilleco.co.uk

Adam Davies

Post by Adam Davies » Mon Mar 07, 2016 4:07 pm
Hi

Can't understand why it is showing as in default now when it was included in hour IVA [now completed ?]
Lodge a request with the credit reference agency for all information to be removed as it is incorrect and let us know how you get on

Regards
Andam Davies

Foggy

Post by Foggy » Mon Mar 07, 2016 9:09 pm
font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica">quote:<hr height="1" noshade>Originally posted by Andy Davie

Hi

Can't understand why it is showing as in default now when it was included in hour IVA [now completed ?]
Lodge a request with the credit reference agency for all information to be removed as it is incorrect and let us know how you get on

Regards
Most defaulted accounts included in an IVA appear as defaults, depending upon the whim of the creditor. Why they should suddenly decide to report defaults now is beyond me, but they are within their rights to do do -- even in an IVA the account is in default.
My opinions are merely that .. opinions based on experience. Always seek professional advice.

Kevwillo

Post by Kevwillo » Tue Mar 08, 2016 12:52 pm
I rang Halifax and they can't see any default on my record?? not really sure what I'm meant to do now! Thanks
font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica">quote:<hr height="1" noshade>Originally posted by Andy Davie

Hi

Regards

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Tue Mar 08, 2016 1:07 pm
Definitely lodge a complaint with the credit agency.
The greatness of a man is not in how much wealth he acquires, but in his integrity and his ability to affect those around him positively.
Bob Marley.

Foggy

Post by Foggy » Tue Mar 08, 2016 3:55 pm
If Halifax haven't reported a default it must be an error on the part of the credit reference agency and should be corrected.

Kevwillo

Post by Kevwillo » Wed Mar 09, 2016 12:34 pm
Just had an email from Credit Expert asking me to contact Halifax again?!! starting to feel rather frustrated now!

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Wed Mar 09, 2016 12:43 pm
Get back in touch and tell them to sort it out as it appears to be their fault and you are going to lodge a complaint.
Bob Marley.

Kevwillo

Post by Kevwillo » Wed Mar 09, 2016 9:25 pm
UPDATE! Spoke to Halifax before and the missed payments are from the last 4 months which is an overdraft I had which is part of the IVA, they haven't received a payment since Nov 15 which is now showing up as a delinquent! They have asked me to contact Freeman Jones so they can contact Halifax. I'm worried because I'm currently still waiting for my cc !! Can anyone help? Would it solve the problem if FJ rang them??

Kevwillo

Post by Kevwillo » Wed Mar 09, 2016 9:35 pm
Just a thought...can anyone from here (from FJ) try and sort this for me?? I'm in work tomorrow so wouldn't be able to ring them thanks

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Wed Mar 09, 2016 10:14 pm
Hopefully they will pick up on this but I still think that if you send a copy of your completion certificate to Halifax then they will have to remove the default.
Bob Marley.
19 posts Page 1 of 2
Return to “Complaints procedure”