Credit file clean up

7 posts Page 1 of 1

J5453

Post by J5453 » Sat Jul 07, 2018 6:11 pm
Hi,

Just as I thought the journey was over with, feels like the beginning.

Trying to clear up my credit file is not as straight forward as I thought.

Iva is now completed and 6 years were up on the 30th April this year but it’s still not dropped off so have rang IP to sort it plus sent in docs to the 3 credit agencies.

Also one of my creditors still showing account that was part of the Iva in default! So rang them and they say it’s still live! How on earth? So have to send in certificate of completion. But how will they know they were part of it if my certificate of completion doesn’t really say much. It lists the creditors I suppose on a separate sheet but because the letter doesn’t look very fancy will they take this? Shall I send a covering letter to say talk to my IP with my IP reference. Just no one seems to be doing much talking except me!

Still showing on Insolvency Register! It’s just an admin nightmare.

Foggy

Post by Foggy » Sat Jul 07, 2018 6:30 pm
When was the certificate issued ?

Anyone wanting proof will need to see the certificate (such as it is) plus the final report, which details creditors and payments.

Have a read here: https://www.iva.co.uk/what-does-an-iva- ... dit-record
My opinions are merely that .. opinions based on experience. Always seek professional advice.
IVA Completed 23rd July 2013 .... C.C. 10th January 2014

J5453

Post by J5453 » Sat Jul 07, 2018 6:50 pm
Thanks for the link Foggy!

Especially on who to address the letter to.

The certificate was dated 20th April this year.
I thought things would have started to filter through by now but seems like I’m yet again doing the run around!

Foggy

Post by Foggy » Sat Jul 07, 2018 7:10 pm
J5453 wrote:
Thanks for the link Foggy!

Especially on who to address the letter to.

The certificate was dated 20th April this year.
I thought things would have started to filter through by now but seems like I’m yet again doing the run around!
You will come off the Insolvency Register in a couple of weeks --- they will then report to the CRA's and the IVA will drop off soon thereafter. The defaulted accounts will drop off six years from the date of default, which should be the date of the start of the IVA.
My opinions are merely that .. opinions based on experience. Always seek professional advice.
IVA Completed 23rd July 2013 .... C.C. 10th January 2014

Lisa Thomas

Industry Expert

Post by Lisa Thomas » Mon Jul 09, 2018 8:59 am
It takes up to 3 months to come off the register so you may be on there until end July.
I'm a licensed IP with 16+ yrs at Neville & Co covering the South West area. I have a YouTube channel with advisory videos on here: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCMPTTu ... Z5k9ZcC2MA http://www.nevilleco.co.uk 01752 786800 Lisa@nevilleco.co.uk

PeterRadcliffe

Post by PeterRadcliffe » Mon Jul 22, 2019 9:40 am
You can pay your creditors to delete charged-off credit cards, delinquent accounts, unpaid bills and any other negative entry from your credit file.

Mark Bruton

Post by Mark Bruton » Mon Jul 22, 2019 6:57 pm
mine came off the register exactly 3 months to the date it said they were notified on when you look at the info under your name
7 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “Complaints procedure”