Credit file

5 posts Page 1 of 1

redhead

Post by redhead » Tue Aug 26, 2008 9:10 pm
My ex-partner and i have both obtained our credit files from experian and equifax.We were both in the iva together and completed 2 years early back in July, 2007. We are both still friends and our break up was amicable. On both my credit files it mentions the IVA and that it was settled, on my ex partners the IVA is not shown and states that he has a very good credit rating how come the IVA is not showing on his but on mine? ok i do own my own home now at a good rate he is still livcing in rented accomodation.
Can anyone answer this for me???
Last edited by redhead on Tue Aug 26, 2008 9:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
IVA now finished - Been a long old journey - I have learnt my lesson Im now DEBT free and it feels good!!!!

Storm

Post by Storm » Tue Aug 26, 2008 9:38 pm
On your ex partners credit file does it show a linked address of your former home or the address where the IVA was registered ??

redhead

Post by redhead » Tue Aug 26, 2008 10:02 pm
Thank you for your prompt reply yes there are a few linked addresses together which are on the files but no link to the IVA we had
Last edited by redhead on Tue Aug 26, 2008 10:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
IVA now finished - Been a long old journey - I have learnt my lesson Im now DEBT free and it feels good!!!!

Storm

Post by Storm » Tue Aug 26, 2008 10:19 pm
When you requested the credit report did you state all addresses ?

When a creditor pulls the report they also get the info from the linked addresses.

When you do the credit score through the equifax or experian online services they don't use linked addresses.

Has your ex partner found it easy to get further credit following the IVA ?

redhead

Post by redhead » Wed Aug 27, 2008 10:06 pm
Yes he stated all addresses and the address that we rented together when the IVA was forst registered but the address was clear. We both did the credit reports on line with the addresses we both lived at and nopw live at but his still doesnt show the iva and he has had further credit since teh iva and no problems.
I wont seek further credit apart from the mortgage i have since the iva.
5 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “postings for august”