credit rating

6 posts Page 1 of 1

Croydon lady

Post by Croydon lady » Fri Sep 06, 2013 6:35 pm
Just a thought, but how can I inprove my credit rating? I do not want credit at all nor do I need it, but we can never be sure what the future is going to do to us.
I doubt if I will get a credit card as I only have an income of slightly over £9000 pa,(Pension).
What else can I do? I live with my partner in his house, my name is on the council tax, sky, and water bill, I also have a mobile phone contract in my name
thanks
last payment made August 2013,Completion Certificate received 12 November 2014

Foggy

Post by Foggy » Fri Sep 06, 2013 6:46 pm
My opinions are merely that .. opinions based on experience. Always seek professional advice.
IVA Completed 23rd July 2013 .... C.C. 10th January 2014

Croydon lady

Post by Croydon lady » Sat Sep 07, 2013 6:35 pm
Thanks Foggy, will have a read [:)]
last payment made August 2013,Completion Certificate received 12 November 2014

zarron

Post by zarron » Sun Sep 08, 2013 7:03 pm
the way i started to rebuild my credit rating after my IVA was by applying for a Vanquis card. the chances of getting one are quite good even if your credit rating is not. just remember when accepted to set up a Direct Debit to pay the full amount each month (to avoid their sky high APR!) and decline their offer of a cash advance and their payment protection! then just put the odd thing on every month say a grocery bill and by using the card like that your credit rating will slowly improve. mine did and was eventually able to cancel it and get a mainstream card after about 8 months.

sponge

Post by sponge » Sun Sep 08, 2013 7:12 pm
Zarron I'm not a vanquis fan! I had no problem of obtaining blistering good credit post IVA, with no credit history at all, but a high credit score of 982. Did you have a low score post IVA? say only if want to just interetsed? Even seen a poster get high st mortgage just post IVA

RainbowYork

Post by RainbowYork » Sun Nov 10, 2013 9:05 am
Hi,

I appreciate you don't want credits. However, the Vanquish credit card did help massively. I applied online and had a phone call from them within 30 minutes to confirm the details I told them. I am keeping an eye on my experian report and I can confirm that they didn't even do a credit check!

I got a limit of £500. If you use it and pay off in full monthly (without fail) then it will do the trick. My credit score instantly shot up from 'Fair' to 'Excellent' 968. The maximum score with Experian is 999.

My IVA taught me a valuable lesson...only spend what you can afford! Should have listened to my parents 14 years ago!
6 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “template letter suggested by inaiva”