Credit report and defaults

Get expert opinion. This is the place for new questions to be posted.
10 posts Page 1 of 1

Goosed

Post by Goosed » Mon Aug 05, 2013 4:47 pm
I`ve recently viewed my very sorry credit report on Noddle,

On each of my creditor accounts there is an entry default date which is around the start of my IVA (August 2010).

However each creditor continues to enter a default every month for each account.

I assume this will continue until I complete my IVA but does this mean that my credit file will not be clear six years from the start date of my IVA, but instead six years from the last default entered by my creditors?
Last edited by Goosed on Mon Aug 05, 2013 4:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"When the seagulls follow the trawler, it is because they think sardines will be thrown into the sea".

Eric Cantona

markiboy

Post by markiboy » Mon Aug 05, 2013 4:59 pm
I'm sorry to say that's what it will be until the IVA is complete and 6 years is up. No one will touch you while you are in an IVA. I wouldn't beat yourself up about it. It will soon be clear. There is light at the end.

Foggy

Post by Foggy » Mon Aug 05, 2013 5:29 pm
Hi Goosed -- when you complete the creditors will be obliged to go and re-date every default back to the IVA start date.
My opinions are merely that .. opinions based on experience. Always seek professional advice.
IVA Completed 23rd July 2013 .... C.C. 10th January 2014

Goosed

Post by Goosed » Mon Aug 05, 2013 5:47 pm
Thanks Foggy
"When the seagulls follow the trawler, it is because they think sardines will be thrown into the sea".

Eric Cantona

Virtual-Unknown

Post by Virtual-Unknown » Mon Aug 05, 2013 9:53 pm
Just out of interest, I was just checking my credit report with Equifax and I have 'Court Date' of 31/03/08 but I then have a 'Satisfied' date of 31/03/09?

What is the difference between the two and which of the dates is it 6 years from that the IVA will fall off the account?

Foggy

Post by Foggy » Mon Aug 05, 2013 10:10 pm
The key date is the date that your IVA started.
My opinions are merely that .. opinions based on experience. Always seek professional advice.
IVA Completed 23rd July 2013 .... C.C. 10th January 2014

Gina.gu

Post by Gina.gu » Mon Aug 05, 2013 11:04 pm
Hi. It should be marked as satisfied after you iva completes. It will disappear 6 years from your default date. Make sure you notice the default dates and be prepared to challenge them as several of my creditors put a later default start date. After my iva started Its taken me 14 months to clear my file through sending completion certs and involving the ombudsman. One credior has refused to update the file and I have been awarded compensation. However its still ongoing as they have not responded to the ombudsman who has been dealing with this fo a year. Be prepared and scrutinise your credit report. :)

Virtual-Unknown

Post by Virtual-Unknown » Tue Aug 06, 2013 2:15 pm
So is the start date the court date as it appears on that report?

I have already spent the last few months clearing them up and am very close to having everything sorted, just tying up a few loose ends and this is one question that was bothering me.

Goosed

Post by Goosed » Tue Aug 06, 2013 2:37 pm
Thanks Gina.gu,

Out of interest, would you be able to divulge which creditors have not been too co-operative in the file correction side of things?

Eric Cantona

Gina.gu

Post by Gina.gu » Tue Aug 06, 2013 5:46 pm
Hi, the default start date should be the date your first defaulted on your loans etc. In my case I defaulted way before my iva started . In the case where I have had no proof the ombudsman has had them marked as defaulting on the start on my iva. If you look on your credit report it will have the official start date of your iva( the day it was logged in court) . Goosed..The ombudsman is still fighting vanquis. Terrible its been over a year. Welcome finance nram citi bank have been the worst.
10 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “Ask IVA Forum and Industry experts”