Credit report still not updated.

7 posts Page 1 of 1

Chrisd0364

Post by Chrisd0364 » Mon Sep 03, 2012 2:33 pm
I successfully completed my IVA back on the 26th Jun 2012.I wrote to all the creditors on the 13th Jul 2012 kindly requesting that they update all their records so as the "default" status on my credit report could be changed to "satisfied" and also enclosed the completion certificate from Grant Thornton.

Almost 7 weeks on and I have received no confirmation from any of the creditors acknowledging my letter and my credit report still remains unchanged.

Does anyone know whether this is common practice for the creditors to take so long to update their records and pass on the details to the likes of CreditExpert etc? I have tried calling the creditors but have hit a brick wall.

Am I doing something wrong or this a process that simply takes ages to be completed?

TheMatrix

Post by TheMatrix » Mon Sep 03, 2012 11:20 pm
Follow up letter is needed referring to the original letter asking for the updates to go through and if not done within 28 days you'll raise the matter with the Information Commissioner and Financial Ombudsman.

If not heard back by that time, make the complaint and send them details including the two letters you sent recorded delivery.
We're willing to wipe the slate clean, give you a fresh start. All that we're asking in return is your cooperation.

Chrisd0364

Post by Chrisd0364 » Tue Sep 04, 2012 12:33 pm
Thanks for the advise. Will send the follow up letters and see whether this gets me anywhere.

tonyranks

Post by tonyranks » Sun Mar 17, 2013 12:08 am
you can raise disputes with CRA as well
time is always the answer, stay focus and you will reach the end all in good time

aiza

Post by aiza » Tue Aug 20, 2013 6:19 am
I used to work in banking and have been on the other side of the fence back then, many years ago though and long before my IVA :-)
aiza

plasticdaft

Forum Expert

Post by plasticdaft » Tue Aug 20, 2013 8:29 am
Remember that all letters must go recorded delivery to show proof of receipt at the other end.

Paul
Discharged today the 8th feb 2012. View is much brighter now.
Continuing to rebuild our credit worthiness.

sponge

Post by sponge » Tue Aug 27, 2013 5:49 pm
They will generally fall off themsleves(like a scab! eeughh) post six years (tied in to statute) assuming that you have your CC

any sniff of an IVA in the PR section won't really make a jot of difference to your CR defaults satified or not

To a large extent your CR repairs itself post six years, just the odd phone call to the CR's usually does the trick
7 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “template letter suggested by inaiva”