Credit Report

4 posts Page 1 of 1

Newspaperman

Post by Newspaperman » Wed Sep 21, 2011 9:31 pm
Does anyo.e know what happens to your personal credit report after completing an IVA does all your creditors stay listed with all outstanding balances. If they do how do you go about repairing your credit history. Ive had problems getting car insurance on monthly direct debit as i didnt pass the credit check?
Regards

AndyG
IVA - 61 of 72
Im nearly at the end of my IVA I can almost taste it

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Wed Sep 21, 2011 9:34 pm
Hi Andy,

Once you have finished then your IVA will stay on file for six years from the date of acceptance. You also need to contact all three CRA's, Call Credit, Experian and Equifax to see if any of your creditors have defaulted since the date of acceptance. If they have then you need to write to those creditors, enclosing a copy of your completion letter and tell them to remove those defaults.
Sharing from experiences of dealing with debt
The greatness of a man is not in how much wealth he acquires, but in his integrity and his ability to affect those around him positively.
Bob Marley.
http://kallis3.blogs.iva.co.uk

Newspaperman

Post by Newspaperman » Wed Sep 21, 2011 9:43 pm
Had some really good news I was looking to open a new business account with Barclays i had a meeting with an advisor but she couldnt approve my application as she needed info from my IP about my IVA i wrote to my IP who passed my email to a colleague who has reviewed my IVA and has put my case forward to the closure team. Really great news sooner than I expected means ive paid my final payment.
Regards

AndyG
IVA - 61 of 72
Im nearly at the end of my IVA I can almost taste it

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Wed Sep 21, 2011 9:59 pm
Fingers crossed!
Sharing from experiences of dealing with debt
The greatness of a man is not in how much wealth he acquires, but in his integrity and his ability to affect those around him positively.
Bob Marley.
http://kallis3.blogs.iva.co.uk
4 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “a success story”