Credit Score is high but in IVA

8 posts Page 1 of 1

Marley

Post by Marley » Mon Aug 06, 2012 12:30 pm
Hi Ive just last month paid a full and final settlement of my IVA it hasn't as yet gone through the completion process so i'm still waiting on my certificate, BUT i signed up to experian to check my credit rating and look at what to start to rebuild but its already showing as 973 Max is 999 and only showing two defaults from Max recovery none of the others?

I cant see anywhere where it states im in an IVA (not sure if it does this or not?)

Question is how can my score be high when im in an iva?

craigiewicked1

Post by craigiewicked1 » Mon Aug 06, 2012 12:32 pm
bargain

Niobe

Post by Niobe » Mon Aug 06, 2012 12:54 pm
Hi and welcome to the forum.

I wouldn't take too much notice of the scores with the agencies, most lenders these days apply their own criteria and I doubt you could get credit. Your score will get higher if you keep up with your other bills.

I was unable to get a full account with Nationwide even though my credit record was fine but then got one with Barclays two hours later!1

Your IVA should show under the section for Court I believe.

Marley

Post by Marley » Mon Aug 06, 2012 1:02 pm
Yep definately not on there I can see where it should be under public info but says no records held?

Niobe

Post by Niobe » Mon Aug 06, 2012 1:15 pm
Check Call Credit and Equifax as well - it could be on there. I take it you are still on the Insolvency Register?

luluj

Forum Expert

Post by luluj » Tue Aug 07, 2012 7:11 pm
Experian credit score is not used in the main - I was told Equifax was the one that most creditors used if they using scoring at all - certainly our mortgage company used them last year and we had to have a score of over 450 to pass ....we scraped through with 460's each and that was when the IVA had concluded, and left the insolvency register but was still on our records.
Sharing from experiences of dealing with debt

There is a solution for everyone .... Just need to stay positive !

Look at my blog "All I wanted was a baby"

tonyranks

Post by tonyranks » Sat Mar 16, 2013 11:56 pm
thats why your score is so high, do u have any active credit showing
time is always the answer, stay focus and you will reach the end all in good time

PeterRadcliffe

Post by PeterRadcliffe » Tue Jul 09, 2019 7:17 am
An IVA will affect your credit rating as it will stay on your credit file for six years after the date of commencement. If you finish your IVA early, it’ll still appear on your credit file for six years. you may struggle to take out further credit while it’s still on your credit file. your creditors may record a default notice on your credit file. The default notice indicates that the original credit agreement has been broken, and will be visible on your credit file for 6 years
8 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “credit”