Credit score

5 posts Page 1 of 1

Jasmin.75

Post by Jasmin.75 » Thu Dec 19, 2019 10:27 pm
Hi everyone!
Just a question with regards to credit score. My husband and I have joint IVA that is due for closure ( hopefully soon). The last time i checked on our credit score was at the start of our IVA in 2012, just got curious today, i tried checking via experian, my score is from very poor to good, but my husbands score remains very poor, ? Shouldn’t we both have the same score? How come my score has changed/improved but not my husband?
Please advise. Thank you.

luluj

Forum Expert

Post by luluj » Fri Dec 20, 2019 2:23 am
Credit scores do not start to repair until your iva is completed and certificate issued. Six years from its start you will see credit files start to tidy themselves off. At this stage there is no point worrying over what one says against the other.
Sharing from experiences of dealing with debt

There is a solution for everyone .... Just need to stay positive !

Look at my blog "All I wanted was a baby"

Foggy

Post by Foggy » Fri Dec 20, 2019 7:51 am
credit scores, in themselves, are pretty much meaningless. Each CRA has their own scoring system and potential lenders are not given the score --- it is just a simple way for us unititiated to see how we are supposed to be doing in the grand scheme of things. the number of debts and defaults will affect the score, as well as the amounts involved and even the age of debts. Do not get hung up on this number.
My opinions are merely that .. opinions based on experience. Always seek professional advice.
IVA Completed 23rd July 2013 .... C.C. 10th January 2014

Jasmin.75

Post by Jasmin.75 » Fri Dec 20, 2019 1:16 pm
Fri Dec 20, 2019 2:23 amluluj wrote:
Credit scores do not start to repair until your iva is completed and certificate issued. Six years from its start you will see credit files start to tidy themselves off. At this stage there is no point worrying over what one says against the other.
Thank you for your reply.

Jasmin.75

Post by Jasmin.75 » Fri Dec 20, 2019 1:17 pm
Fri Dec 20, 2019 7:51 amFoggy wrote:
credit scores, in themselves, are pretty much meaningless. Each CRA has their own scoring system and potential lenders are not given the score --- it is just a simple way for us unititiated to see how we are supposed to be doing in the grand scheme of things. the number of debts and defaults will affect the score, as well as the amounts involved and even the age of debts. Do not get hung up on this number.
Thank you for your reply.
5 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “template letter suggested by inaiva”