Creditfix phone call

5 posts Page 1 of 1

UnionCityGirl

Post by UnionCityGirl » Tue Jul 18, 2017 1:39 pm
I had a terrible call from Creditfix yesterday. The lady made me feel very anxious and upset (which I told her)
She was talking so fast at me about apparent arrears on my account (she said I hadn't paid the right amount since January) and when I said I had it in writing from them my monthly payment could reduce as my rent went up, she denied all knowledge and kept throwing figures at me and asking me what I can afford a month, wanting an answer there and then! I was at work sitting in the stairway! I've got less than 2 years left now on my IVA and I don't need all the stress of being put on the spot and shouted at. At one point she said she had exams in this type of work and she knew way more than me about it!
Has anyone had experience of this with Creditfix? My debt was sold to them 2 years ago and I've not been happy with their customer service at all, they constantly make you feel belittled and ashamed.

harrysmummy78

Post by harrysmummy78 » Tue Jul 18, 2017 2:02 pm
All of their calls are recorded put a complaint in against her they should not be speaking to you in this way in my opinion, Do you still have the letter from them or did they confirm this by email to you?
Inter-locking IVA approved 25th Feb 2013 - F&F offer Accepted 06th July 2017 - Completion Certificate received 20th July 2017

Foggy

Post by Foggy » Tue Jul 18, 2017 2:06 pm
Communication is not their strong point by a long shot ! She might know a bit about the technicalities ( though I doubt it) but seems to know nothing of customer service.

Ask them to provide WRITTEN details of their claim and where they get their figures which you can then refute. You really need things in writing to facilitate any complaint you may wish to make. You will need to complain to CF direct first, so also ask for details of their complaints procedure. If you get no joy you can then escalate a complaint, via the governement gateway, to their regulators.
My opinions are merely that .. opinions based on experience. Always seek professional advice.
IVA Completed 23rd July 2013 .... C.C. 10th January 2014

redboxtree

Post by redboxtree » Tue Jul 18, 2017 2:48 pm
With a few notable exceptions I still think that most people working for IVA companies are failed accountants and could not work in their chosen field.

Remind them that in the same way that their staff should expect to be treated with respect and not be intimidated that you expect to be treated in the same way.

If calls are recorded all ingoing and outgoing calls have to have a message stating that.

Ask for a copy of the call - as it was created in the last 48 hours they cannot charge you for it.

They are out of their depth next year when the new data protection regulations come into force.

What you can afford is not negotiable at this stage - it is whether your income and expenditure justify a specific amount.

Lisa Thomas

Industry Expert

Post by Lisa Thomas » Fri Jul 21, 2017 3:53 pm
Make a complaint about the call to Credit Fix.
I'm a licensed IP with 16+ yrs at Neville & Co covering the South West area. I have a YouTube channel with advisory videos on here: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCMPTTu ... Z5k9ZcC2MA http://www.nevilleco.co.uk 01752 786800 Lisa@nevilleco.co.uk
5 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “Complaints procedure”