Creditfix

7 posts Page 1 of 1

waterlicked

Post by waterlicked » Sun Aug 19, 2018 2:59 pm
Hi there, I wonder if anyone can help. My IVA was due to finish in May this year. I received an email from creditfix on 26th July saying that my account was in arrears and they were threatening to cease my agreement. They said I owed £858. I phoned them about it and they said I had missed a payment in Dec 2016 and in Feb 2018, and also I had short paid them for 2 months when my payments went up once i had paid off my van finance. I did miss the payment in Dec 2018 but as for the 2 short payments, I got a letter reminding me that my payments had gone up and I called and paid the £258 difference by card. This leaves me with the Feb 2018 payment. I have contacted my bank and they have confirmed that it had been paid on time. I contacted creditfix and they asked me to provide evidence of my payment. The lady I spoke to was happy for me to take screenshots of my online account and email them to her. This I did on 30th July and received an automated reply saying they would respond within 72 hours. I never got a reply. I have now received another email saying my account is in arrears by £1212. I have booked tomorrow morning off work to try and sort this out. I am happy to pay the missed payment immediately to pay the arrears but the seem to be trying to screw me over and I don't know what to do about it. Any help would be appreciated

Foggy

Post by Foggy » Sun Aug 19, 2018 3:30 pm
You can make an official complaint to them, and, if this is not productive you can escalate the complaint to their regulatory body. I would also send an email, detailing this issue, direct to the IP ( you can get the address from your entry in the Insolvency Register ).
My opinions are merely that .. opinions based on experience. Always seek professional advice.
IVA Completed 23rd July 2013 .... C.C. 10th January 2014

abbiesmum2003

Post by abbiesmum2003 » Sun Aug 19, 2018 4:49 pm
They are a nightmare.
Noone knows what others are doing.
If you can provide evidence of the payments then send it to them with a detailed email and perhaps even a recorded delivery snail mail.
You can email the IP directly (email available online) but dont expect a reply. ive emailed directly to the person named as our IP regarding the issues with ending our ive and have never had a response or reply.
With CF its essential to get everything from them in writing and keep all correspondance because they dont recall whats already been said/agreed and so many depts noone knows whats going on.
Hope you get it all sorted

Lisa Thomas

Industry Expert

Post by Lisa Thomas » Mon Aug 20, 2018 8:42 am
Send them a written complaint with all the information you have explained here, together with the evidence.

Their complaints procedure is here:

https://www.creditfix.co.uk/app/uploads ... cedure.pdf

You can then escalate the complaint here if necessary:

https://www.gov.uk/complain-about-insol ... actitioner
I'm a licensed IP with 16+ yrs at Neville & Co covering the South West area. I have a YouTube channel with advisory videos on here: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCMPTTu ... Z5k9ZcC2MA http://www.nevilleco.co.uk 01752 786800 Lisa@nevilleco.co.uk

Coutiehall67

Post by Coutiehall67 » Wed Oct 17, 2018 1:25 pm
Hi there
We have been in an IVA for almost 5 years which was mismanaged by Giva, Knightsbridge and then subsequently Creditfix who closed our account for no reason and would not respond. I am horrified and I fail to see why, when we have voluntarily entered a 'so-called' government scheme to sort out our debt, we are faced with what is almost the original debt! This is horrific and should be regulated.
We had repeated incidences of being asked for P & L accounts that I, personally, had sent in more than once then had fees added for 'Review Meetings'. When I 'phoned in, I was speaking with unqualified call-handlers who had no knowledge of our case or the legislation. Previous calls had often not been recorded.
Having read posts on this forum it appears I am by no means alone....so what do we do people. We need to join forces and take action!
I have now tried to take out a business loan and I've been told that Giva (long gone) have put a restriction on our property!!
This beggars belief and I refuse to be held to ransom!
If anyone would like to contact me, I am happy to lead a campaign to deal with this once and for all. It smacks to me of businesses jumping on a bandwagon to make quick money, not actually pay creditors then shut us down before the end of the IVAs and abscond!
Yours with frustration Amanda

Coutiehall67

Post by Coutiehall67 » Wed Oct 17, 2018 1:29 pm
waterlicked wrote:
Hi there, I wonder if anyone can help. My IVA was due to finish in May this year. I received an email from creditfix on 26th July saying that my account was in arrears and they were threatening to cease my agreement. They said I owed £858. I phoned them about it and they said I had missed a payment in Dec 2016 and in Feb 2018, and also I had short paid them for 2 months when my payments went up once i had paid off my van finance. I did miss the payment in Dec 2018 but as for the 2 short payments, I got a letter reminding me that my payments had gone up and I called and paid the £258 difference by card. This leaves me with the Feb 2018 payment. I have contacted my bank and they have confirmed that it had been paid on time. I contacted creditfix and they asked me to provide evidence of my payment. The lady I spoke to was happy for me to take screenshots of my online account and email them to her. This I did on 30th July and received an automated reply saying they would respond within 72 hours. I never got a reply. I have now received another email saying my account is in arrears by £1212. I have booked tomorrow morning off work to try and sort this out. I am happy to pay the missed payment immediately to pay the arrears but the seem to be trying to screw me over and I don't know what to do about it. Any help would be appreciated
I feel your pain and frustration. I have never worked so hard for a service that was supposed to solve debt problems and be done for me. Don't pay another penny! It needs sorting out and we need to join forces!

Foggy

Post by Foggy » Wed Oct 17, 2018 1:56 pm
Coutiehall67 wrote:
Hi there
We have been in an IVA for almost 5 years which was mismanaged by Giva, Knightsbridge and then subsequently Creditfix who closed our account for no reason and would not respond. I am horrified and I fail to see why, when we have voluntarily entered a 'so-called' government scheme to sort out our debt, we are faced with what is almost the original debt! This is horrific and should be regulated.
We had repeated incidences of being asked for P & L accounts that I, personally, had sent in more than once then had fees added for 'Review Meetings'. When I 'phoned in, I was speaking with unqualified call-handlers who had no knowledge of our case or the legislation. Previous calls had often not been recorded.
Having read posts on this forum it appears I am by no means alone....so what do we do people. We need to join forces and take action!
I have now tried to take out a business loan and I've been told that Giva (long gone) have put a restriction on our property!!
This beggars belief and I refuse to be held to ransom!
If anyone would like to contact me, I am happy to lead a campaign to deal with this once and for all. It smacks to me of businesses jumping on a bandwagon to make quick money, not actually pay creditors then shut us down before the end of the IVAs and abscond!
Yours with frustration Amanda
Hi Amanda -- I feel your pain. I tried to get a government petition going to get support for those in debt solutions, over and above the meaningless systems now in place, and to get some system of mediation and resolution for problems. I got a couple of dozen signatures !!

I fear that those in an IVA are just too bogged down or overwhelmed to have any fight and those out the other side just want to forget the whole thing !
My opinions are merely that .. opinions based on experience. Always seek professional advice.
IVA Completed 23rd July 2013 .... C.C. 10th January 2014
7 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “Complaints procedure”