Creditor Letters

6 posts Page 1 of 1

n_b

Post by n_b » Tue Aug 07, 2007 4:42 pm
Hi there,

We have started the ball rolling sent all info to TomCharles and 1st payment now awaiting IP contact, I have sent a letter to all creditors advising them what we are doing quoted my TomCharles ref number and asked them to hold action for time being. well gets home today to 2 letters from debt colletors further to your recent corres i write to advise we are unable to defer payments on your account, we are only prepared to accept a nominal amount until such time as your financial situations improves . please contact office to arrange payment within 48 hours[:(] .... letter dated 2/08/07. Do I pay them a nominal amount?? as I thought you couldn't pick certain creditors to pay and then others you don't.... I cancelled all creditors payments this month otherwise all have had some payment upto now whether it be the normal pymt or an arrangement . and have paid noone this month, what should I do... also they say one of the debts is £63k alone.... but I have proof it is £15k sent all this to TomCharles. absolutly kacking myself .... any help [xx(][xx(] Nicki

iva experts

Post by iva experts » Tue Aug 07, 2007 5:02 pm
Hi Nicki,

You have done everything right by sending out the letter of authority to your creditors. I would not worry as your creditors will try and get payments from you right up until and sometimes after the IVA has been approved. You can always forward the letters you receive onto your I.P, I’m sure that your I.P will contact you soon with a creditors meeting.

Do not pay this creditor unless you can afford to pay your other creditors exactly the same amount. No creditor can be treated preferentially.

Best Regards. IVA Experts
Best Regards,
Michelle Pontes
IVA Experts
http://www.iva-experts.co.uk/

n_b

Post by n_b » Tue Aug 07, 2007 5:06 pm
Hi IVA experts
I know Melanie will be our IP but I don't think TC have contacted her yet I am sure she will let me know Later I haven't had any letter of authority as yet ,, I just sent a letter off my own back to advise everyone and that I had cancelled DD and s/o's. was this right to do ??

Nicki

lily

Post by lily » Tue Aug 07, 2007 6:26 pm
Hi Nicki

Its always a good thing to inform your creditors and maintain a non verbal dialogue with them. The letters are often computer generated and are targeted to make you want to act on them. You are doing everything you can at the moment so do not worry. If you want to make token payments to your creditors as a guesture of good will, all creditors must be treated equally as was said above, however it is so much easier said than done as communication isnt the strong point when dealing with telephone call staff. It just might be easier to wait until your IP sorts it all with you, now that you have informed them of your intentions.

Good luck with everything but I am sure you will be fine with Melanie acting for you.

lily
lily

n_b

Post by n_b » Tue Aug 07, 2007 9:55 pm
Thankyou Lily [:)] ... had creditor on the phone before obnoxious was not in it ... Julia @ thomas Charles was ringing me too on call waiting and I could not get the stroppy so and so off the phone... what annoys me is they speak down to you like your muck under their shoe and I am doing my best here trying to solve everyone's problems gets you down missed Julia so had to email her but all paperwork has been sent to melanie today so I'll look forward to speaking with her soon .

Oh hows your abcess are you feeling any better
lily wrote:

Hi Nicki

Its always a good thing to inform your creditors and maintain a non verbal dialogue with them. The letters are often computer generated and are targeted to make you want to act on them. You are doing everything you can at the moment so do not worry. If you want to make token payments to your creditors as a guesture of good will, all creditors must be treated equally as was said above, however it is so much easier said than done as communication isnt the strong point when dealing with telephone call staff. It just might be easier to wait until your IP sorts it all with you, now that you have informed them of your intentions.

Good luck with everything but I am sure you will be fine with Melanie acting for you.

lily
Last edited by n_b on Tue Aug 07, 2007 9:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

lily

Post by lily » Tue Aug 07, 2007 10:49 pm
Hi nb

I know this is a tough time for you but these people will have you on the coals as they know you owe money, just remember, its not their money and dont let them make you feel ashamed by being honest about not being able to pay. Its not a crime and they are often on a commission for making you feel like ****e, turn it back on them and ask if they are enjoying making you feel like this? Dont be bullied by them, it will get easier, I promise.

I was once driven to within an inch of my sanity...... not anymore.

Good luck to you.

lily
Last edited by lily on Tue Aug 07, 2007 10:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
lily
6 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “communicating with creditors prior to IVA”