Creditor Letters

6 posts Page 1 of 1

debbiw

Post by debbiw » Thu Feb 21, 2008 11:59 am
My IVA was approved 18.12.07. Some of my creditors are selling my debts on, is it normal to receive letters demanding payments from the new creditor. I am just ignoring the letters at the moment, but its now getting on my nerves, as my IVA is approved, and up and running!
Can they actually do anything else now that my IVA is approved?[:(!]

aguise

Post by aguise » Thu Feb 21, 2008 12:00 pm
Hi Debbie
No they cant, I would just forward them on to your company and ask them to deal with them.

Ang
Please visit my blog at http://aguise.blogs.iva.co.uk/

debbiw

Post by debbiw » Thu Feb 21, 2008 12:02 pm
Thanks Ang, didn't think they could do anything further, but it is so annoying receiving threats from new companies now..

OPTIMIST12

Post by OPTIMIST12 » Thu Feb 21, 2008 12:06 pm
I have had 8 debts "sold on" so far - but luckily all to Max Recovery. They inform you via Eversheds whose letters are always polite and headed "This is not a Demand for Payment" (or something like that). Its a shame that other companies dont seem to have their high standards.

I have always understood that once an IVA is approved all Creditors included are bound by it (even if they voted no) and cannot chase you for payment.
47 months completed - 13 months to go.

aguise

Post by aguise » Thu Feb 21, 2008 12:06 pm
I know, I have been lucky and had no problems just the usual eversheds purchasing the debts, I am getting quite a collection now. Ther is nothing to stop you ringing and telling them you are in an iva and that they should contact your IP with any queries and that they should ot contact you further.

Ang
Last edited by aguise on Thu Feb 21, 2008 12:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Please visit my blog at http://aguise.blogs.iva.co.uk/

ianmillington

Post by ianmillington » Thu Feb 21, 2008 12:08 pm
When the debts are sold on they need to notify you, as the debtor, by law. They might overlook notifying the Supervisor who might, as a result, end up paying the wrong company.

You say you are getting threats, which suggests to me they may well not be telling the Supervisor, so as Ang has said, send them on.

Ian
Ian Millington
Insolvency Director
PDHL Ltd (formerly Personal Debt Helpline Ltd)
www.pdhl.co.uk
6 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “postings for february”