Creditor statement

Get expert opinion. This is the place for new questions to be posted.
5 posts Page 1 of 1

St75

Post by St75 » Wed Feb 23, 2011 8:13 pm
Hi,

My IVA was approved in August last year and as expected the letters and phonecalls had all ceased by the end of September.

However, today I received a statement from Halifax. They haven't sent one since last August, so why send one now?

I think I read somewhere that creditors must send statements to customers every six months if you are in arrears, but I didn't think that this would apply if you are in an IVA.

Kind regards
st75
regards
st75

Started lump sum IVA in Aug 2010 - received certificate of completion April 2011, thanks to Melanie & team

Shining

Post by Shining » Wed Feb 23, 2011 8:14 pm
Hi st75, I have received the odd annual statement and received an email the other day thanking me for my payment to Freemans catalogue (I hadn't sent one), but assumed that a payment had been received from my IP.

I just forward mine to my IP to deal with.
IVA final payment left the bank on the 26th January 2013...looking forward to a debt free future.

salkitten15

Post by salkitten15 » Wed Feb 23, 2011 8:18 pm
Hi st75,

I was exactly the same as you, 6 months after my IVA was approved I was sent a statement from the Halifax (one of my creditors aswell)

It's really nothing to worry about, I forwarded mine onto my IP and have heard nothing since.

I think you are right though, it's pretty normal to receive statements every 6-12 months.

Regards.

St75

Post by St75 » Thu Feb 24, 2011 9:50 pm
Hi

thanks for your replies. The summary shows zero against payments received and new transactions.

Should it show the dividend payments made?

Regards
st75
regards
st75

Started lump sum IVA in Aug 2010 - received certificate of completion April 2011, thanks to Melanie & team

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Thu Feb 24, 2011 9:58 pm
I think they are obliged to send a statement once a year. Not sure exactly what it is supposed to say but I wouldn't worry about it. I don't think it will show any payments made.

I'd send it off to your IP so they can put it with your records.
Sharing from experiences of dealing with debt
The greatness of a man is not in how much wealth he acquires, but in his integrity and his ability to affect those around him positively.
Bob Marley.
http://kallis3.blogs.iva.co.uk
5 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “Ask IVA Forum and Industry experts”