CREDITORS ADVICE PLEASE...

6 posts Page 1 of 1

john.jk

Post by john.jk » Fri May 30, 2008 6:41 pm
I am just starting on the road to an IVA
my current account is with natwest and is not connected to my iva !
However royal bank of scotland and tesco visa are going to be part of the IVA application... As i beleive natwest are connected to both of these creditors will this cause a problem with my account !!
Thanks in advance for any help

chardonnay

Post by chardonnay » Fri May 30, 2008 6:58 pm
Hi There,
I'm new to this too so take anything I say with a pinch of salt until an expert advises you - and they will on this site, they're amazing.
I was advised to change bank account when I was thinking about an IVA (I was with the halifax). I worried about my wages being swallowed by creditors and I switched to the Co-operative bank who were brilliant.
If you are advised to change I have details on the co-op and my electron card works in most places. Aparently I'll be offered a cheque book after 6 months, which I will take as I have to write a cheque for personal calls on my work mobile. then I can get rid of my personal mobile and save more money.
The people on here will give you all the advice you need, thy really are super.
Best wishes,
Chardonnay x
Chardonnay

rollercoaster

Post by rollercoaster » Fri May 30, 2008 7:05 pm
here here 4 the cooperative, i would advise to switch to them anyway, great bank, great service, instant online transfers etc i tell everyone about the coop, wish i had found them earlier, might not have got into the mess i got in. [;)]

cfnc

Post by cfnc » Fri May 30, 2008 7:10 pm
Hi,

Your IP will be able to confirm whether your account is connected to your creditors, but might be advisable to get an extra account as an fall back though

Kirsty
Kirsty

plasticdaft

Forum Expert

Post by plasticdaft » Fri May 30, 2008 8:24 pm
caerrie wrote:

Hi There,
I'm new to this too so take anything I say with a pinch of salt until an expert advises you - and they will on this site, they're amazing.
I was advised to change bank account when I was thinking about an IVA (I was with the halifax). I worried about my wages being swallowed by creditors and I switched to the Co-operative bank who were brilliant.
If you are advised to change I have details on the co-op and my electron card works in most places. Aparently I'll be offered a cheque book after 6 months, which I will take as I have to write a cheque for personal calls on my work mobile. then I can get rid of my personal mobile and save more money.
The people on here will give you all the advice you need, thy really are super.
Best wishes,
Chardonnay x
I just got my electron card through today,didnt know that I could get a cheque book after 6 months,that will be handy.
Is there anywhere that your electron card hasnt been accepted???
Discharged today the 8th feb 2012. View is much brighter now.
Continuing to rebuild our credit worthiness.

Soulgrowth

Post by Soulgrowth » Fri May 30, 2008 8:28 pm
Hi John,

Just wanted to say good luck on embarking on your IVA, a great decision. Just to be on the safe side my advice from personal experience would be to make sure that to your day-to-day banking facilities have no connection with any of your existing creditors.

Good luck and keep in touch with the forum to let us know how you're getting on.

Debbie
Debbie
6 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “postings for may”