Creditors Auto-dialling every day

8 posts Page 1 of 1

i_a

Post by i_a » Wed Feb 28, 2007 8:54 am
My IVA is being put together at the moment but I am getting loads of calls every day.

Not worried about that as I know the admin is rubbish at most creditors and these will eventually susbide but thought I'd share a funny one with people.

Picked up the phone this morning and there was the usual pause (so the auto dialer connects to a person at their end), then a click.

Then I got a recorded message saying no-one can take my call right now as all operatives are busy!

Just made me laugh. Maybe I should call my creditors and do the same [:)] Oh the creditor was Co-op.

Help-Is-Here

Post by Help-Is-Here » Wed Feb 28, 2007 9:10 am
HA! That's so amusing! Please do that to your creditors, it would be so amusing!

freelili

Post by freelili » Wed Feb 28, 2007 9:16 am
Well you got away with that one then?

LILY
LILY

http://freelili.blogs.iva.co.uk

I asked God for an answer, I have to live with his reply.
Exsisto an angelus quod planto quispiam sentio melior.

i_a

Post by i_a » Wed Feb 28, 2007 10:51 am
Lily,

I was actually quite brave and phoned them back. Surprisingly they were very reasonable on the phone and said they would put a note on my account not to contact me for 3 weeks while my proposal is being prepared.

After all the crap I've dealt with over the last 2 weeks with phone calls it's nice to speak to someone who I can a) understand and b) actually listens to what I'm saying.

Well done (for now) Co-op. It remains to be seen if they keep their promise!

freelili

Post by freelili » Wed Feb 28, 2007 11:12 am
Ian

You are brave, there's no way I would have phoned them back, youre getting good at this. The co-op have probably got the dictionary out eeerr P-r.o

LILY
LILY

http://freelili.blogs.iva.co.uk

I asked God for an answer, I have to live with his reply.
Exsisto an angelus quod planto quispiam sentio melior.

lesley

Post by lesley » Wed Feb 28, 2007 5:28 pm
I get that from the Halifax they even give you a rollocking for not paying them with a machine. It's happened loads of times they tell you to key in your date of birth then you have to wait then they hang up.

i_a

Post by i_a » Wed Feb 28, 2007 6:06 pm
Ha! Anyone want to hire a Rotweiler to phone up creditors.

Had more chasing calls and letters today so plucked up the courage and phoned up everyone who chased me to say stop harrassing me as they all know I am proposing an IVA.

And amazingly every single creditor I called apologized and none of them asked for money!! I think it helps being firm with them and just saying what you want to say before they get a chance to interrupt.

I also had a little ace up my sleeve - my landlord works from home and they were ringing her number so I told them in no uncertain terms that she will be complaining to the OFT about the calls if they don't stop immediately.

Will have to see if they stop calling but you never know I think I scared them a bit.

Haven't felt this good in ages.

Reasonable offers for my services accepted!

aguise

Post by aguise » Wed Feb 28, 2007 6:40 pm
well done ackeryi.
I did the same after being reduced to tears by the phone calls so every time they randg me I rang back and complained politely. The phone calls stopped never got another.
Please visit my blog at http://aguise.blogs.iva.co.uk/
8 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “IVA postbag for february”