Creditors contacting you by mobile phone

23 posts Page 2 of 2

Mike74

Post by Mike74 » Wed Dec 19, 2007 2:03 pm
I received lots of call, at home, at work, via my mobile - creditors were in general appeased if you could provide an IVA meeting date, the name of the company dealing with your case, contact name and case reference. Apart from the odd one or two the calls stopped or were postponed for several days. Generally I found it better to talk to them than to ignore them. Only one creditor became threatening and aggressive, and that was Barclaycard. Good luck cr15py, you have exactly the right approach with regard to possible additional contributions as it appears the norm, mine was for £150 extra but that was on a scale of debt in excess of £100K.

"I will creep into your thoughts like a bad debt, that you can't pay, take the easy way out - and give in." Morrissey.
Last edited by Mike74 on Wed Dec 19, 2007 2:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"I will creep into your thoughts like a bad debt, that you can't pay, take the easy way out - and give in." Morrissey.

stoney

Post by stoney » Wed Dec 19, 2007 10:01 pm
We are in the process of IVA proposal with Melanies team and are receiving lots of phone calls at the moment. Halifax credit card have rung tonight when I only spoke to one of their staff 2 days ago. The call 2 days ago was to an english speaking man who was very nice and actually said at the end of the call "take care". Tonights call was the complete opposite and was a call centre somewhere a lot warmer than this country! He was quite rude and talked over me stating that I should pay the arrears of last month. Just goes to show how different the calls can be in 2 days. The kids dont answer the phone now if they dont know the number on the display. I am quite happy to update creditors as I feel it is only right, but I object to being talked down to and over. He was downright rude and I could have cried. We are doing our best and Angela, member of Melanies team, has been great. I believe our file is nearly complete for making the proposal. I will be so glad when this is all over along with lots of other people on this forum.

jpj

Post by jpj » Wed Dec 19, 2007 10:05 pm
My IVA taught me not to give your mobile number out so freely....now I only give my home number out .. I would never give my number to a bank etc ever again!

emma_t

Post by emma_t » Wed Dec 19, 2007 10:21 pm
good luck stoney

You are in safe hands with Melanie and her great team. I felt really looked after by all of them and phoned whenever I was worried by calls or had questions.[:)]
Good luck with everything and have a very Happy Christmas
Emma x
Be positive & look after yourself, there are more important things in life than debts....

Best Wishes

Emma x

stoney

Post by stoney » Wed Dec 19, 2007 10:32 pm
Thank you Emma. I was feeling quite strong and determined to be polite with creditors when they phone. I could have easily lost my temper with the rude halifax man but instead politely told him that he would be wasting his time ringing again, especially at 9pm! Incidentally, I havent given out my mobile no. to anyone. I guess this isnt the best time of year to have iva's proposed what with Christmas and everyone off work on holiday. I have every confidence in Melanies team and just hope it goes fairly smoothly. x

emma_t

Post by emma_t » Wed Dec 19, 2007 10:49 pm
stoney

It can be so frustrating explaining your situation to every creditor that calls, and everytime they call.
I was very cooperative and tried my best to keep them all updated but some were so rude and thretening I got upset, Barclaycard were the rudest and as they only had my mobile number it was spooky how I always lost signal when they called[;)]
Morgan Stanley were the most persistant but were on the whole friendly.
HSBC credit card were the best and really understanding when I explained why I was in this mess and they were great and only called once and asked me to call and update them when I had news - the HSBC bank account was slightly different as they seemed intent on getting me to consolidate all my HSBC debt into one loan[?][?]
Keep calm and I suppose remember they are only doing their job, but if theyare rude or thretening refuse to speak to them and tell them you will only correspond with them in writing.

Good luck with everything and hopefully you will not have to wait too long for a conclusion[:)]
Emma x
Be positive & look after yourself, there are more important things in life than debts....

Best Wishes

Emma x

Shining

Post by Shining » Thu Dec 20, 2007 5:42 am
Compared to others I appear to be having an easy ride on the creditor front, although I do realise this can change so easily so not counting my chickens etc., Whenever they ring, I answer, explain my situation and so far (touching wood) they've accepted it. I also write to them every fourth week (although leaving it this week until the New Year) to update them of my situation. Last night next rang me to ask if my situation was moving on and wished me all the best, such a nice lady. I am getting to the home straight now as my remortgage offer came through on Tuesday and that is what we've been waiting for so hoping for a New Year meeting and a positive start to 2008.
IVA final payment left the bank on the 26th January 2013...looking forward to a debt free future.

cr15py

Post by cr15py » Mon Dec 31, 2007 2:47 pm
MBNA have called me again. They caught me off guard, I was waiting for a call regarding something else! This was a different mobile number than the one they called me on last time.

I told them to phone my IP on Wednesday when she is back at work then whilst she was talking I said "I am at work, I cannot continue this phone call, goodbye" and hung up. I have since e-mailed my IP to advise her.
Chris
Visit my blog at http://cr15py.blogs.iva.co.uk
16 down, 44 to go!!
23 posts Page 2 of 2
Return to “the hot hot IVA topics in 2007, 20 replies plus”