Creditors Defaulting !!

13 posts Page 1 of 1

Endsmeet

Post by Endsmeet » Fri Jun 28, 2013 3:02 am
Hi All,
Its been a while since I've asked for advice so here goes:

I successfully completed my IVA in August 2012, I am now one month away from my credit records being wiped clean ( I hope ), anyway I recently checked my file online with Noddle and all my creditors are still defaulting me on a monthly basis.

How should I handle this ?
Should I wait until the IVA falls off the register etc and see if the defaults are also removed and not coming back monthly OR should I write to each individual creditor asking them to remove the defaults to the original start date back in 2007 ?

I have the suggested template letter at the ready if required along with my certificate of completion.

Thanks in advance
Last edited by Endsmeet on Fri Jun 28, 2013 3:06 am, edited 1 time in total.

sponge

Post by sponge » Fri Jun 28, 2013 1:56 pm
My thought is you’re so close to the end that writing letters at this stage is all a bit late. As you know noodle is free so don't be disappointed if you don't see it drop off for a month or two. They take their information from callcredit but only updated once a month.

Just post your drop off date get the £2.00 online from the three agencies (although it can be tricky with a debit card from callcredit)
Experian tend to put the IVA in the NOC section phone the UK free phone and they'll will remove it there and then!

You might have to tweak the odd thing but give it a month and don't be surprised to see your credit score in the high numbers

Tina Shortland

Post by Tina Shortland » Fri Jun 28, 2013 2:39 pm
Hi Endsmeet I would see what happens once you have come of the register as the defaults should also follow. It will be easier to request they come off if the IVa has come of completely as well.

Keep us posted on what you do and what happens as this is a common query for posters at the end of the IVA.
Regards, Tina Shortland, Debt Advisory Manager for Melanie Giles at Debt Advice TV.

If you’re looking for effective debt related information, articles and news, then go now to our on-line advice service at www.debtadvicetv.com

If you’re ready to ask us for specific advice or help, then get in touch at www.call-me.debtadvicetv.com so you can start to free yourself from the stress and anxiety of overwhelming debt.

Endsmeet

Post by Endsmeet » Fri Jun 28, 2013 3:05 pm
Hi,
Thanks for the advice, I was thinking of waiting until the IVA drops off the register then going from there so that sounds like the best plan.
Roll on the 8th August 2013 [:D]

Will keep you updated as to what and when anything happens

Thanks Again

Endsmeet

Post by Endsmeet » Sat Aug 10, 2013 11:29 am
Hi Again, well Ive checked the official register and my name has completely gone, no IVA or anything so that's a big plus [:D]
Now I shall wait for a month or so to see if the defaults also drop off for each of my individual creditors and if not, I think I shall write them a nice letter to request that they update their records to reflect my IVA completion....

Struzzo39

Post by Struzzo39 » Sat Aug 10, 2013 3:35 pm
Fantastic news :) Heres hoping the rest follow speedily for you
Steven & Debbie

Endsmeet

Post by Endsmeet » Wed Aug 28, 2013 11:41 am
Hi Again,
Just updating you all on my current situation regarding defaults etc.
I have just checked my credit record using the free Noddle website and all my defaults/creditors have now dropped off apart from Cahoot who are still defaulting me on a monthly basis.
I am now gonna send them a letter ( using the template ) requesting that they update their records to reflect the completion of my IVA, also gonna enclose a copy of my certificate of completion etc.
Got a feeling this is only round 1 with these guys

Wish me luck

Endsmeet

Post by Endsmeet » Fri Nov 08, 2013 2:02 pm
Hi All,
Just another update as requested, Cahoot have finally removed the defaults so I guess that the two letters I sent them threatening with the Financial Ombudsman have done the trick and I have also been accepted for an Aqua credit card with a limit of 100, I use this just for petrol etc and pay it off straight away so no interest etc, I have just checked my credit score and its looking good for the first time in 6 yrs [:D]
Last edited by Endsmeet on Fri Nov 08, 2013 2:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

sponge

Post by sponge » Fri Nov 08, 2013 4:12 pm
Endsmeet

Thant's good news. Pretty much as it should be and with that good score to boot, Yooohooo Foggy, he's a non beliver in such things!

Foggy

Post by Foggy » Fri Nov 08, 2013 5:31 pm
Hi Sponge -- far from being a non believer (just have past, professional experience. Credit score means as much as a fart in a collander to lenders and serves only to boost the credit reference agencies sales in meaningless credit monitoring memberships.
My opinions are merely that .. opinions based on experience. Always seek professional advice.
IVA Completed 23rd July 2013 .... C.C. 10th January 2014

sponge

Post by sponge » Fri Nov 08, 2013 6:07 pm
I see no reason why we should have to suffer poor terms, it just has to be educated so. I take it you saw Chali post re “that” Card, interest from day one of purchase, did you know that! at 39% apr absolute bonkers…Do you see why I bang my drum, just plain wrong. When you have finished your IVA (gone gone) you can get access to competitive credit, it’s that simple. I think you’ll see post IVA posts in the direction of Nationwide flex account and you get a regular credit card by default

Foggy

Post by Foggy » Fri Nov 08, 2013 6:57 pm
I agree with you Sponge -- yes, it is plain wrong. But then, from a creditors point of view not paying your loan in full is a bit of a tear jerker too!

We have seen time and time again that post IVA'ers can land "normal" deals -- some can't .... as ever, even for those superior beings not blighted by credit problems, it is still a bit of a lottery.

As with all things, seek and ye shall (eventually) find ... shop around, there is gold in them thar hills .......
My opinions are merely that .. opinions based on experience. Always seek professional advice.
IVA Completed 23rd July 2013 .... C.C. 10th January 2014

Hair_bobbles

Post by Hair_bobbles » Sun Nov 10, 2013 12:13 am
Foggy you are so funny! I agree with you,,re credit score not being worth the paper it's written on- on our experian cf , iva has dropped off, all accounts bar one has been marked as satisfied, everything is in default waiting to drop off next year & credit scores for myself & oh are in the ""excellent" 965, 975 range- doesn't mean anything as all the defaults are on there-
I've left getting onto the other CRA til now as I wanted experian to be up to date first.
Just done equifax statutory online & the iva is still showing on both files for me & oh. I signed up with noddle- iva is still on those files also. The noddle is ok but I would not use it as my main source of "checking up on" as it is not so comprehensive.
I think a booklet needs to published that has ALL of the relevent information & letter templates & addresses & legal rights & everything else in it!!! So it will help all those who are finishing an iva to know exactly what to do next!!

We were just told " your credit score will go back to 0 after 6 years" - of course,,it didn't occur to me that it would be anything less than that simple!!
IVA COMPLETED & CLEAN CREDIT FILE.

An old bible proverb says this: the rich one rules the poor, and the borrower is a slave to the lender.

How true are those words of wisdom.
13 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “template letter suggested by inaiva”