Creditors in IVA transferring debt

Get expert opinion. This is the place for new questions to be posted.
10 posts Page 1 of 1

longslog101

Post by longslog101 » Fri Jul 24, 2015 7:16 pm
Received a letter today that MBNA one of the creditors in the IVA is transferring the debt to an external company (Arrow Global).

I have sent a copy of the letter to the IVA company to ask them to liaise with them however is there anything we should watch for ? I assume we're now going to be plagued with annoying calls from them ?

1. I presume they are bound by terms of the IVA agreement and must liaise with IVA firm (McCambridge Duffy) direct and not allowed to contact us regarding the debt ?

2. are MBNA allowed to sell the debt on at this stage ?

Regards
LS
Last edited by longslog101 on Fri Jul 24, 2015 7:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
My Blog details, the route I took before IVA, how I choose my firm, equity release advice (year 4-5), challenging the CRA's keeping IVA on credit file once gone from insolvency register

IVA ended August 2015. Would recommend McCambridge Duffy

Foggy

Post by Foggy » Fri Jul 24, 2015 7:30 pm
MBNA are allowed to sell the debt at any stage and there is a good chance that Arrow don't even know it is in an IVA. They might contact you in due course and, if they do, just pass the letter on to your IP to put them right.

Don't worry, they are also bound by the IVA.
My opinions are merely that .. opinions based on experience. Always seek professional advice.
IVA Completed 23rd July 2013 .... C.C. 10th January 2014

plasticdaft

Forum Expert

Post by plasticdaft » Fri Jul 24, 2015 7:47 pm
Keep the letter handy for later on when you are clearing up your credit files!!

Paul
Discharged today the 8th feb 2012. View is much brighter now.
Continuing to rebuild our credit worthiness.

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Sun Jul 26, 2015 8:24 am
All of my debts were sold on - mostly to Max Recovery and we never had any problems at all apart from the obligatory statement every twelve months.

Even though it's nearly two years on though, I still have all of the paperwork to do with the IVA.
Sharing from experiences of dealing with debt
The greatness of a man is not in how much wealth he acquires, but in his integrity and his ability to affect those around him positively.
Bob Marley.
http://kallis3.blogs.iva.co.uk

Shining

Post by Shining » Sun Jul 26, 2015 6:42 pm
I retained my paperwork too for now and unsure how long I will continue to do so but just in case for now it's filed safely away.

Hang on to the letter for reference x
IVA final payment left the bank on the 26th January 2013...looking forward to a debt free future.

Foggy

Post by Foggy » Sun Jul 26, 2015 6:46 pm
My paperwork is in a box file where it will probably remain until I am in my own box file :-)
My opinions are merely that .. opinions based on experience. Always seek professional advice.

Michael Peoples

Industry Expert
Post by Michael Peoples » Mon Jul 27, 2015 9:30 am
This is very common and usually the creditor will inform you of the sale of the debt for information purposes only. However sometimes the debt purchaser may not know about the IVA but they are bound. You can forward the letters to us and we will deal with them or send a copy of the Chairman's Report to Arrow which will give them all the information they need.
Michael Peoples | McCambridge Duffy Insolvency Practitioners
http://www.mccambridgeduffy.com
If you would like to talk to me about proposing an IVA or have any questions at all please visit www.mccambridgeduffy.com

longslog101

Post by longslog101 » Wed Jul 29, 2015 9:44 am
Thanks Michael,

I sent copy of letter via email and got a reply saying that as MBNA are the ones who filed the claim settlement/dividend will be made with them, also that MCD have written to arrow to let them know this.

I checked our credit files yesterday and arrow is now on there for the full amount showing as defaulted from date of entering the IVA, so I hope they're going to remove their entry once they get the letter from MCD, I will check again in a month, I might even send them a letter too telling them to remove their entries - do you think I need to ?

Great that you guys answer questions so quickly :)
My Blog details, the route I took before IVA, how I choose my firm, equity release advice (year 4-5), challenging the CRA's keeping IVA on credit file once gone from insolvency register

IVA ended August 2015. Would recommend McCambridge Duffy

Pandy

Post by Pandy » Wed Jul 29, 2015 9:56 am
longslog I am not bothering clearing up our files until I have our CC as they can just default a month later and you are back to square one, once your IVA is complete then is the time to get everyone to remove any incorrect entries, otherwise you could spoend your whole IVA getting stuff removed for it to appear again.
Last edited by Pandy on Wed Jul 29, 2015 9:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
If life is what you make it, I must have been in a strange mood when I made mine

Foggy

Post by Foggy » Wed Jul 29, 2015 10:13 am
Longslog -- as long as the default from Arrow is dated, as you say, the start date of your IVA, let it sit there and it will disappear with the rest on the 6th anniversary. With the IVA itself sitting there, with all the other defaults, it makes no difference, apart from giving you an ulcer if you stress about it.
10 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “Ask IVA Forum and Industry experts”