Creditors meeting set

27 posts Page 2 of 2

freelili

Post by freelili » Thu Nov 30, 2006 11:09 pm
its ok, I know you wouldnt mean to scare me.

I am just scared and cannot wait until its all over. sometimes its quite public sometimes its just the judge or clerk from what i have read but it depends on the courts, the area etc. Got the message Dominic thanks. Good luck for the meeting illihor. good luck to everyone, waiting, hoping and in an IVA. Sorry I couldnt join you.

Thanks you for all of your support. I really needed it.

LILY
Last edited by freelili on Thu Nov 30, 2006 11:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
LILY

http://freelili.blogs.iva.co.uk

I asked God for an answer, I have to live with his reply.
Exsisto an angelus quod planto quispiam sentio melior.

iva experts

Post by iva experts » Fri Dec 01, 2006 10:02 am
Hi Freelili,

Your bankruptcy meeting will be at the court, but you will definitely not be in a court room, with a judge who leaves you standing there feeling condemned.

Bankruptcy is quite an informal process; you will sit down in a room with a court official, hand in your application and discuss your case. Then if the court official believes that bankruptcy is the best option for you, you will be declared bankrupt then and there.

Try not to be scared freelili, I believe bankruptcy doesn’t need to be as scary as everyone thinks.

All the best.

Hope this information is of use

Regards. IVA Experts
Best Regards,
Michelle Pontes
IVA Experts
http://www.iva-experts.co.uk/

illihor

Post by illihor » Fri Dec 01, 2006 11:26 am
As you probably know Lily, thousands go bankrupt every year and I can't remember reading about a single one.(apart from large companies in the national press)

Depending on the outcome of our meeting on the 20th, we may well be going down that route anyway. It seems a bit odd to me though that you have to pay to become bankrupt. I you need to go bankrupt, you have money problems, where do they think people find the court fees?, more credit?.

You can rely on the the fact that you have the support of many people on here Lily, you are not alone[:)].

On the way to a brighter future....:-D
Kind Regards.

Lee

freelili

Post by freelili » Sat Dec 02, 2006 12:34 am
Thank you both

I am going between releif and dispair at the moment. My life has changed so much in the last three months. Last week I was bawling in a car park because I lost my parking ticket. I have to keep looking in the mirror to make sure I am still me. My house is like an explosion in a nasty letter factory. I know bankruptcy is OK I just cannot see past it at the moment. Its strange also that the figure in the bank is just that, no overdraft, no plastic and its christmas!

I am so grateful for all the support i have had, thank you all.

LILY
LILY

iva_squirrel

Post by iva_squirrel » Mon Dec 04, 2006 9:17 pm
Dear Lily,

A life in bankruptcy is not an unbearable phase if you look at it from a positive angle.

After your bankruptcy is complete, you will have an opportunity to start rebuilding your life - and your finances.

The day you get out of bankruptcy will be a great one. You will be free of most of your pre-bankruptcy debts, and have the opportunity to get a fresh financial start.
Now your goal must be to conquer the challenges of rebuilding your credit and establishing new financial goals.
Here are a few tips you can apply to get your life back on track as soon as possible so that you can find a way to return to a lifestyle of less financial worries.

1. Sharpen your financial literacy. Robert Kiyosaki, author of "Rich Dad, Poor Dad" is a strong advocate for personal financial education.
2. Try to have an emergency fund.
3. Do a monthly plan-and-review for your savings and expenditure.

All the best,

Julia

For more information about IVAs, please visit my website:
www.supersonicsquirrel.net

freelili

Post by freelili » Mon Dec 04, 2006 10:49 pm
Thanks you

I am knee deep in nasty letters, I dont even bother answering the phone, cannot get a court date until January, the happy pills have not kicked in yet. The proverbial and all his mates have hit the fan. I have no doubt another forest will be rammed through the letter box tomorrow. I am trying to be positive though, honest. If Bandruptcy can put a stop to this Bring it on.

LILY
LILY

illihor

Post by illihor » Tue Dec 05, 2006 11:44 am
I did say it would only be a matter of time until the letters start arriving, first 2 this morning[:)]. Knew it had to happen sooner or later. As Lily quite rightly said, we can expect a FOREST of letters any day now. So much for the paperless office.

Called them up and explained everything to them on the phone, they seemed ok about it but said due to the automated nature of the letters they couldn't promise to be able to stop them. To me that seems to be a bit of a flaw in their systems.

I eventualy found the small part of the local newspaper that prints about bankruptcy. It's not easy to find and I missed it 3 times until I found it in the end. It's really is such a tiny advert that it's nothing at all to worry about. Feel much more positive about any trouble with the IVA not being accepted now.

On the way to a brighter future....:-D
Kind Regards.

Lee

DMB42

Post by DMB42 » Tue Dec 05, 2006 8:02 pm
Dear Lily,
Don't feel too bad. You've made the move to solve your problems and are being very brave. I know exactly what you mean when you say it's Christmas and no plastic..scary isn't it??
As I've said before, the various credit card companies know exactly what we earn and shouldn't as "responsible lenders" encourage us to ever borrow more than we can repay. Can you think of another business where they'd get away with this?
Will be thinking about you....

freelili

Post by freelili » Tue Dec 05, 2006 11:22 pm
Thanks DMB

I feel better already, I am not alone. Its the waiting isnt it? Always darkest before the dawn. I am glad that I am living honestly though and wouldnt wish my old life back. I know I am doing the right thing,

Thanks everyone for the support.

LILY
LILY

Dominic

Post by Dominic » Wed Dec 06, 2006 6:05 pm
Lilly you are being very brave and honest, there are a lot of people living lies right now and you are no longer one of them.

freelili

Post by freelili » Wed Dec 06, 2006 7:48 pm
Thank you

I am trying to see the humour in the situation.

LILY
LILY

Skippy

Post by Skippy » Wed Dec 06, 2006 8:22 pm
You're doing the right thing Lily. I think I would have gone mad if I hadn't managed to laugh at the situation, even though it's not funny really!

Two down, fifty eight to go until freedom!
27 posts Page 2 of 2
Return to “how you were getting on in 2006”