Creditors meeting

5 posts Page 1 of 1

jon124

Post by jon124 » Tue Jun 01, 2010 8:29 am
Hi
Just found your forum and its very helpful.
we (me and the wife) have got our creditors meeting next week. dont know what to expect really. our IP had put together what i think is a very convincing proposal, creditors getting 50p in the £ hopefully but still very apprehensive and nervous. any of you guys been through a meeting? does anyone turn up?
Feels like "into the abyss" at the mo!!!

Til

Post by Til » Tue Jun 01, 2010 8:32 am
hi Jon124 and good luck for your meeting - sound like a very healthy return for creditors (our is much lower!) so sure you'll be fine.

I never attended our meeting and when I got the chairmans report no one else attended either - just proxy votes already submitted it seems on mine so think rather than a 'meeting' it was more of just a formality [:)] Good luck!
"Hope is the feeling you have that the feeling you have isn't permanent." - Jean Kerr

IVA approved Aug 2008 - 6 year term - last payment made 6 Oct 2014. CC received 14 Nov 2014.

Shining

Post by Shining » Tue Jun 01, 2010 8:32 am
Hi Jon and welcome to the forum. Glad you've found us and I'm sure we can help with any questions/support/advice as neeeded so do stay around with us.

I'm currently in an IVA paid 29 payments so far so almost to the half way mark!

Good luck for the creditors meeting next week, do post and let us know the results won't you. An IP wouldn't put it forward generally unless they were confident of acceptance too as a lot of work behind the scenes goes into these. 50p in the £1.00 dividend is a good return to creditors and I'm sure you'll be fine. The meeting is normally conducted by fax I do believe as opposed to an actual meeting the votes will be received by your IP, up to the meeting time and date and you will be informed soon after of the result. Which firm is representing you ?

x
IVA final payment left the bank on the 26th January 2013...looking forward to a debt free future.

pho2art

Post by pho2art » Wed Jun 02, 2010 5:18 pm
My IVA was approved last Wednesday 26th June. My IP 'phoned me at 11 am. The feeling of relieve, after 3 years of hell, was incredible. Good luck everyone!

Shining

Post by Shining » Wed Jun 02, 2010 6:49 pm
Congratulations to pho2art and I hope your journey to debt fredom is a smooth one. x
IVA final payment left the bank on the 26th January 2013...looking forward to a debt free future.
5 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “tips for IVA success”