Creditors Meeting...

3 posts Page 1 of 1

Beverley

Post by Beverley » Sat Oct 20, 2007 12:31 pm
in a week and a half. Total debt around £85k, no northern rock or black horse. Am proposing to pay around £600 a month with substantial pay rises and bonuses very much making overall return around 70p in £. Am very nervous about the meeting as one creditor already has said they will vote no as i took the loan of 10k out about 3 months ago. Not a homeowner, so will most certainly petition for bankruptcy if iva is rejected. I will lose my job and will be unable to work again in the UK if I go BR and have decided to move abroad to restart my life. Really hope my proposal is accepted - i spent hours and hours working on I and E which is tight but manageable. Will work my hindquarters off to secure substantial pay rises and bonuses to give back as much as i can over the next 5 years. I could petition for bankruptcy now as have a set up abroad, but i really really want to pay back as much as i can over the next 5 years. I may well move abroad after the 5 years but at least it will be knowing that i tried paying back as much as possible and will be able to sleep easier at night.

This forum is a goldmine of information and has helped me beyond any measure. Credit to all those who post here on a regular basis. I will let everyone know how it goes in a week and a halfs time. Am really crossing my fingers that creditors are sympathetic and don't reject my proposal.

Beverley

Post by Beverley » Sat Oct 20, 2007 12:37 pm
Also I wanted to say that I have received a ton of phone calls which I have been unable to take as I work far away from home, but when I have been able to answer every creditor that i have spoken to so far (about 7 out of 14) have been extraordinarily nice and understanding and it was a pleasure speaking to them all. They have treated me with respect and I have appreciated that - even the creditor who said that they will reject my proposal.

Skippy

Post by Skippy » Sat Oct 20, 2007 2:00 pm
Good luck Beverley x

Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, today is the present - a gift to make the most of.

View my blog at http://skippy13.blogs.iva.co.uk/
3 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “postbag for october”