Creditors Meeting Today

30 posts Page 2 of 2

flashingblade

Post by flashingblade » Wed Nov 29, 2006 11:23 am
Hi bluebelle

Just had to laugh, i read that u owed 29k to lloyds tsb, and had no calls. I just owe 2.5k ( i say just, cant afford to pay it tho'!) and im just £20 over my limit, and ive had 3 letters, and approx 30 fone calls from them, if not more. Apart from one i havent answered but they left answer messages. Finally answred on 26th, and told them i am in process of IVA, and today i got another letter dated 27th!

[8]
IVA in 2007 - failed in 2008.
BR on 11th Nov 08

bluebelle

Post by bluebelle » Wed Nov 29, 2006 8:03 pm
It's a mad mad world!...there is just no consistency with creditors nor with allowable expedniture on IVAs. You would think that with Lloyds more than any other of my creditors they would have phoned me morning noon and night...but no..not one call. I did have a couple of letters. They continued to take 2 personal loans out of my current account and which pushed me 3 times over my over draft limit (already moved my salary to a new account)....that was what the letters were about. The only creditor who sent me a default notice was Capital One who I owed just under £1K...which i thought was a bit harsh in comparison with what i owed elsewhere !

Dominic

Post by Dominic » Wed Nov 29, 2006 8:07 pm
i am thinking maybe i should close my old Lloyds account before they do, i cacnelled all the dds anyway so no payments could go out

MAY2006

Post by MAY2006 » Wed Nov 29, 2006 9:31 pm
I tried to close my old account as it had a £500.00 od facility on it, the min I opened a new basic account I wrote to them asking them to close account and if they could not do that to canx overdraft facility. I canx all standing orders and direct debits but as I had a loan with this bank they did try to take payment from the overdraft, but as I had informed them in writing they had to return it and eventually got the message and closed the account.

We changed our tel phone number, but the one we were given had obviously belonged to someone who was also in debt and we used to get calls for this couple from Capital One, Sure Start, MBNA - it was funny

bluebelle

Post by bluebelle » Wed Nov 29, 2006 9:33 pm
i think that there was just a couple of DDs in my old current account and they were for £10 Lloyds home insurance and about £10 lloyds life insurance. My account was 3 times over the overdraft limit...i just tried to log on to check and it said that my password had been revoked!!!...i am assuming that they have cancelled my account. Just wondering if the 2 Lloyds DD wil try and go through on the 1st or not or whether they are automatically cancelled..they would reject them anyway because there is no money in the account. that has got me a bit worried now...dont want to end up with any additional fees for DDs bouncing....can they do that when they know you are in an IVA and that you have moved you finances elsewhere?

Dominic

Post by Dominic » Wed Nov 29, 2006 9:34 pm
SO as my IP has infomrd the bAnk in tme they will close it. I have emailed my iP anyway.

I already have a basic account with the Abeey my wages are going into and the bills going out from.

scooby

Post by scooby » Wed Dec 06, 2006 3:18 pm
Hi I made my first payment of £405 yesterday only 59 (£23895) mor eto go til freedom I wondered how you can afford to pay for Christmas without plastic but you just manage and cut back on the thing you dont really need. It feels so liberating to actually use cash and not plastic to pay for things and you appreciate it more because you actually pay for it with real money.
Wish I had done this a long timee ago before getting into debt deeper
So good luck to all who are going thru the procedures of IVA or Bankruptcy it seems so daunting whilst going thru the process but once it is all set up it is such a weight lifted.

Thanks and Merry Xmas to all
Scooby

Dominic

Post by Dominic » Wed Dec 06, 2006 6:03 pm
i agree

iva_squirrel

Post by iva_squirrel » Wed Dec 06, 2006 8:47 pm
Hello,

The Christmas holiday season is supposed to bring cheer and good times to all. For many, however, the cheer and good times end up resulting in a heavy debt burden when the New Year rolls around. It doesn't have to be this way.

There are ways to stay within a budget this Christmas;

Taking the time to plan your Christmas holiday activities and spending in advance will keep Christmas from being a budget breaker.

Prepaid cards can be loaded up with cash and used just like a credit card - without the added debt. This is a good way to make sure you stick to your budget - and it makes a great way for your kids to shop as well without needing cash.

Do your homework online. Even if you don't actually buy the gift on the Internet, you can comparison-shop while sniffing out the best deals. Then visit the store with the best price.

Seek out online deals. Sometimes major stores offer discounts on online purchases. Check out Web sites regularly, as prices and offers change often during the weeks leading up to Christmas.

Many people don't need (or want) more stuff. Instead, give them the gift of your time--to take them out to dinner or fix little things around their home.

All the best,

Julia.

For more information about IVAs, please visit my website:
www.supersonicsquirrel.net

Dominic

Post by Dominic » Wed Dec 06, 2006 10:02 pm
this year my family ar just giving token presents and giving the best gift just ourselves

scooby

Post by scooby » Thu Dec 07, 2006 3:34 pm
I dont blame you Christmas is too much in your face with retailers telling you what you need to buy I get presents just for the sake of getting them people ask what you want for Christmas I DONT KNOW I dont want anything then you end up with stuff just for the sake of it. Then you buy these people as well I am with you Dominic TOKEN PRESENTS

Just look when you do your food shopping near Christmas people with overflowing trolleys of stuff they dont need just because its christmas the shops are only closed for 2 days at the most what is the need for all this stuff
Just an excuse for retailers to make you spend more

Scooby

freelili

Post by freelili » Thu Dec 07, 2006 5:14 pm
I went to the shops in Birmingham On Tuesday,every store we went into we were pressured into taking out store cards with the promise of 20% discount and I thought I had bandrupt written all over me!

I did say no

LILY
LILY

http://freelili.blogs.iva.co.uk

I asked God for an answer, I have to live with his reply.
Exsisto an angelus quod planto quispiam sentio melior.

DMB42

Post by DMB42 » Thu Dec 07, 2006 6:09 pm
Hi Scooby,

Congratulations and welcome to the way forward.

bluebelle

Post by bluebelle » Thu Dec 07, 2006 6:53 pm
I was lucky this year...i had already bought around 50% of my christmas pressies before i applied for my IVA. I saved a little bit of money from last months salary (that's with my IVA payment taken out)and also i have this months.......i have sat down and calculated that i can just about afford to finish off my pressie shopping. I think next year i shall be buying pressies throughout the year and putting them aside for christmas.....i always scoffed at people buying christmas presents in the january sales...but i think that what i am going to do now....every little helps i guess.

Dominic

Post by Dominic » Thu Dec 07, 2006 7:07 pm
i strongly nbeleive Christmas has morhphed into a massive spending spree, propelled by pressure from advertising, special offers and the idea that the gifts are more important than your nearest and dearest, an object can be replaced an individual cannot which is of more value?
30 posts Page 2 of 2
Return to “how you were getting on in 2006”