Creditor's meeting tomorrow - so nervous!

3 posts Page 1 of 1

randrandr

Post by randrandr » Tue Aug 11, 2020 2:24 pm
Arghhh mine and my husband's creditors meeting is tomorrow at 10am and I am so nervous :( I constantly have a million questions floating around my head, the biggest one being 'what if we get rejected?'

Our IVA firm have been brilliant and I've even asked them how likely it is that the IVAs will fail and they've been very reassuring but obviously cannot guarantee anything. They told me creditors fall into three categories based on how likely they are too accept/reject and all but one of mine fall into the category most likely to accept (the only one that doesn't is V12 Finance and that's only because they don't tend to vote at all).

To be honest I don't think there's anything anyone can say that will make me feel better about this and waiting is definitely the most torturous part, I just want to know already :|

I had a text message this morning reminding me that the meeting is tomorrow at 10am and it also said to set aside 10 minutes after the meeting so they can talk to us about the outcome... how soon did your IVA company take to contact you after the meeting? How did everyone cope with the waiting?

Foggy

Post by Foggy » Tue Aug 11, 2020 2:33 pm
Firms do vary -- and some are more predictable than others, but you should hear within an hour or two after the meeting, or sooner if there are changes to be discussed. Creditors like to change the fee structures, but that doesn't often effect us as debtors. I had my bus fare allowance reduced.

Best of luck !
My opinions are merely that .. opinions based on experience. Always seek professional advice.
IVA Completed 23rd July 2013 .... C.C. 10th January 2014

randrandr

Post by randrandr » Tue Aug 11, 2020 2:53 pm
Tue Aug 11, 2020 2:33 pmFoggy wrote:
Firms do vary -- and some are more predictable than others, but you should hear within an hour or two after the meeting, or sooner if there are changes to be discussed. Creditors like to change the fee structures, but that doesn't often effect us as debtors. I had my bus fare allowance reduced.

Best of luck !
Hi Foggy, thanks for the reply! I'll make sure not to panic if I don't hear back from them straight away! Will update on here too how it goes!
3 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “IVA creditors meeting soon: wish me luck!”