Creditors meeting tomorrow!

32 posts Page 1 of 3

Lou74

Post by Lou74 » Mon Oct 11, 2010 9:51 pm
Hi all,
Well, tomorrow is the big day! Can't believe how quickly its come round. Trying to keep my mind off things and keep busy.
Just a quick question though. We recently had a payrise of about 4% or £100 a month. This was after the proposal had been written. I've informed my i.p, and sent a copy of the payrise letter.
Do you think my payments are likely to go up? Or will they go by our original figures.
Just wondering. I'm hoping it all gets accepted, just want to know what that payment will be! It would be nice if we got to keep a bit of the payrise. I know we've both worked really hard for it!
Will be sure to let you know how we do!
x

Skippy

Post by Skippy » Mon Oct 11, 2010 9:52 pm
I'm not sure about the pay rise, but I just wanted to wish you luck for tomorrow. Let us know how you get on x

mitchymoo

Post by mitchymoo » Mon Oct 11, 2010 9:53 pm
Good luck x

maximoose

Post by maximoose » Mon Oct 11, 2010 9:56 pm
Mine was approved last month, so the waiting is still very fresh in my mind, its hell. Away good luck im sure it will be fine.

Shining

Post by Shining » Mon Oct 11, 2010 10:00 pm
Good luck for tomorrow, do let us know how it goes won't you and I'm sure they'll discuss the payrise with you in due course. xx
IVA final payment left the bank on the 26th January 2013...looking forward to a debt free future.

leaKybrain

Post by leaKybrain » Mon Oct 11, 2010 10:20 pm
Good luck. I've not reached that time yet, but I get butterflies just thinking about it

mitchymoo

Post by mitchymoo » Mon Oct 11, 2010 10:26 pm
We feel sick, the stress is starting to show, will be a nervous wreck next week :-(

leaKybrain

Post by leaKybrain » Mon Oct 11, 2010 10:53 pm
Oh MM, if my first call nerves are anything to go by and the physical pain I had in my stomach I can feel for you.

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Mon Oct 11, 2010 11:05 pm
Good luck for tomorrow Lou.
Sharing from experiences of dealing with debt
The greatness of a man is not in how much wealth he acquires, but in his integrity and his ability to affect those around him positively.
Bob Marley.
http://kallis3.blogs.iva.co.uk

Lou74

Post by Lou74 » Tue Oct 12, 2010 12:30 pm
Well, just got off the phone, and the IVA has been ACCEPTED!!!!!
I'm so, so happy. I really feel quite emotional!
I know its going to be a tough few years, but nothing compared to the nightmare situation that we've found ourselves in recently.
All the creditors that voted, voted yes. Surprisingly MBNA and santander, who hold a large proportion of our debt, did not vote!
They asked for a slight increase in payments, but with the recent pay rise, I feel we can cope with this. Amex, who hold a tiny proportion of the debt asked to increase the term of the IVA to 72 months! Cheeky what-names! As they don't hold enough of the vote, we are able to reject this.
I just like to say a huge thankyou to Melanie Giles and her wonderful team, who have been understanding, helpful, and completely non- judgemental from the outset. We are not at all proud of ourselves for the mess that we made of our finances, but Tina, Tamsyn and Tom as well as Melanie, put us at complete ease and made me realise I had not committed a crime by getting in to debt. They have always been on hand to answer all my questions. I don't know where I'd be without them!
Thanks as well to all of you on here. Finding this forum was the starting point for me. You are all so supportive and friendly, even if I didn't post my question, I've always been able to find the answer some where on here!
So to anyone reading this who isn't sure what to do, or where to turn, the one thing I would say is make that call! Who ever you choose, and even if an IVA isn't right for you, be brave and speak to someone about it. Everyone I've spoken to has been so helpful and understanding. My only regret is that I didn't take my head out of the sand and make that call sooner! I carried on for a long while, maintaining all the payments on my accounts, when they could have been going towards the IVA instead of the huge interest rates. Looking back, I don't know how on earth we managed!
I'm looking forward to being able to budget every month, and know what money I've got left, even if it is just a few pennies - they'll all be mine!
I've found a dusty bottle of something sparkly at the back of the garage that I was saving for something special. I think this surely must qualify!!!
Thanks again, and Happy Birthday to Melanie! It must have been a good omen!
xx

liamjames

Post by liamjames » Tue Oct 12, 2010 12:31 pm
Fantastic news, congratulations! :)
Take care,

Liam James
Varden Nuttall
http://www.vardennuttall.co.uk

Read our reviews here: http://www.iva.com/iva_companies/Varden_Nuttall.asp

Shining

Post by Shining » Tue Oct 12, 2010 12:34 pm
Great post and a huge congratulations on your IVA acceptance, I hope you have a smooth journey to debt freedom. xx
IVA final payment left the bank on the 26th January 2013...looking forward to a debt free future.

Lou74

Post by Lou74 » Tue Oct 12, 2010 12:35 pm
Thank you!
Just put my IVA started date on my profile!
That felt good!
x

baldy

Post by baldy » Tue Oct 12, 2010 2:14 pm
Yeah well done LOU 74. When you look back you do sometimes wonder how you survived, i know we have.

Im glad your IVA went through and im sure you will be able to relax abit and get on.

It seems strange MBNA did not vote, they are our main creditors as well.Amex such a kind and understanding company NOT!!!

The very best of luck to you.

Baldy and family

maximoose

Post by maximoose » Tue Oct 12, 2010 3:21 pm
Well done Lou74 thats great news.
32 posts Page 1 of 3
Return to “IVA approved!”