Creditors

5 posts Page 1 of 1

janderson

Post by janderson » Fri May 30, 2008 11:50 am
Hi All

Having been turned down for our IVA we are back making token payments to our creditors. We got our report through and were surprised who voted for or against. This morning now the dust has settled a little I made a phone call on the their FREEFONE number to make the payment. I spent the next ten mins been lectured by a child on the other end of the line who wanted more than I was willing to give him. Do any of you find that the correspondence that you get not match what they say. The letter wanted £10.00 he said it is now £25.00. Then he asked how and why are you not able to pay, etc, etc. I was very restrained and held back amazingly from saying if your company had voted yes then this conversation would not be happening.

The odd thing was when I told him we were looking at a DMP he seemed to be a little concerned and asked at least 3 times are you sure you want that, odd really. It does amaze me that if they approved IVAs they would get some money back and would also save on chasing the debt. Win win for creditors.

Or am I missing the point??

John - Irritated and stunned of west yorks[B)]

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Fri May 30, 2008 11:56 am
John, I really feel for you, it is not good to have to go back to grovelling to these people, and they always manage to upset you no matter how many times you tell yourself you won't let them. I am sure they must go on training courses to get them to speak to you the way they do.

I am sure that in a couple of months you will be able to try for another IVA, that is what I was going to do if they had refused me.

Keep your chin up.
Sharing from experiences of dealing with debt
The greatness of a man is not in how much wealth he acquires, but in his integrity and his ability to affect those around him positively.
Bob Marley.
http://kallis3.blogs.iva.co.uk

animaleyes76

Post by animaleyes76 » Fri May 30, 2008 1:27 pm
The worst thing is you know that the spotty 18 y/o giving you the lecture on the phone is probably already well on the way to ending up in the same situation as we are all in.

glen1971

Post by glen1971 » Fri May 30, 2008 1:38 pm
John,

Have you not considered the option of bankrupcy? i am not aware of your situation but maybe a clean start may be the answer. You are likely to be discharged within 1 year now in most cases...a dmp could take a life time to pay back and cause you considerable ongoing problems from creditors constantly hounding you.

All the best.

Glen

cfnc

Post by cfnc » Fri May 30, 2008 5:11 pm
Glen,

I think John is a director which is why he wants to avoid bankruptcy.

John,

I am sorry you are having a tough time, I hope it improves for you soon.

Kirsty
Kirsty
5 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “postings for may”