Creditors

7 posts Page 1 of 1

Shining

Post by Shining » Fri Feb 29, 2008 8:18 am
Had our creditors meeting approved on Feb 8th..4 weeks today! Capquest or similar keep ringing everyday this week to talk to my husband, I always say, he's at work (he is) and they always give me a phone number and reference for them to contact to pass to him. I did initially but don't bother now as he won't ring them.

Today I thought I'll talk to the lady that phoned as normally it's a man. I pretended to take the details and then said, if this is a financial call, I can confirm he's in an IVA and all his creditors (100%) voted positively on the 8th February towards this.

She said I cannot discuss this with you and we will continue to ring until we speak to him! Hopefully they'll ring when he's here at some point and he does speak to them but I won't hold my breath. I'm not giving out his mobile number.

I did say, he will not speak to you but you can converse with out IP and I am confident she knows we're in an IVA as she said 'ok I'll give her a ring then!' and put the phone down on me!

I'm sure she said CAPQUEST anyone familar with these people?
IVA final payment left the bank on the 26th January 2013...looking forward to a debt free future.

MelanieGiles

Industry Expert
Post by MelanieGiles » Fri Feb 29, 2008 8:26 am
They are Debt Collectors who are still probably in the process of updating their systems. Nothing to worry about, but continually irritating. Next time they ring get them to check the details on the Insolvency Register, which is available on line at the Insolvency Service's website.
Regards, Melanie Giles, Insolvency Practitioner

Shining

Post by Shining » Fri Feb 29, 2008 8:33 am
Thank you Melanie for your quick response, they are irritating and fairly demanding and I'm sure some people would be scared by their bullyboy tactics, it doesn't scare me anymore! but hubby is the type who doesn't like talking on phone and let's me sort it all out. Hopefully they'll ring tomorrow morning as this week they've always rang around 8am, we'll both be here and then he can give his permission to talk to me and I will ask them to check the Insolvency Register as advised by Melanie. Thank you for that!
IVA final payment left the bank on the 26th January 2013...looking forward to a debt free future.

emma_t

Post by emma_t » Fri Feb 29, 2008 3:06 pm
Hi isthereanend

I had to ask morgan stanley to check the insolvency register as they kept calling for a wee or so, everyday, after my iva was approved.
After about a week my name was on register so I told them to check while I was on the phone, the lady appologised for bothering me and they never called again.

Be assured that the calls will eventually stop and you will be so relieved to answer the phone and not be affraid who it is on the other end[:)]
Be positive & look after yourself, there are more important things in life than debts....

Best Wishes

Emma x

Shining

Post by Shining » Fri Feb 29, 2008 3:48 pm
Thanks Emma and I will certainly use the Insolvency Register next time, hubby won't talk to them, he rejects any calls at work for obvious reasons and I'm hoping they phone tomorrow morning at 8'ish as they have been all week for him, as he will ask if I can discuss it with them and I will then advise them of IVA and Insolvency register. Almost there!

Oliver

Post by Oliver » Fri Feb 29, 2008 3:55 pm
Refering these people to the Insolvency Register is a great idea.

All the best with everything in the future.
Best Regards
Oliver

Shining

Post by Shining » Fri Feb 29, 2008 6:09 pm
and he's just done it! He got in from work and I found the number I'd taken down a few days ago, persuaded him to ring straightaway and he rang them and directed them towards the Insolvency Register which is available to anyone online, they said they would make a note of it and thank you for your call! Let's see if they ring again.
7 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “postings for february”