Post by Jhonnie » Tue Aug 14, 2007 9:43 pm
Hi Catullus

Thank you for that, this form after a while makes you doubt your own sanity

Cheers

jhonnie

Jhonnie

Post by Jhonnie » Tue Aug 14, 2007 10:23 pm
Hi Swardy73

Just read your message. Its nice to know that someone else had got as i far as i had with payment and had tried all they could to continue. I feel i am now at that stage.

I know its going to be awful on the court day, but the feelings i have had for over 2 yrs now can be finished in one day, a line drawn and a new life begun (that sounds a bit hoppy like but its how i feel).

Thnaks for your words of support.

Cheers

Jhonnie

Jhonnie

Post by Jhonnie » Tue Aug 14, 2007 10:25 pm
For everyone that has helped

My forms are 96% complete, just need to do some checks that work will be ok and then i am making the appointment at the court, i did call them today to check the process and they were friendly, human and helpful.

By the end of the week i will have spoken to my IP to tell them of my actions, i feel like i am letting them down but as i said before i think they view me as a number not a person.

Cheers

Jhonnie

Sadsack

Post by Sadsack » Tue Aug 14, 2007 10:53 pm
Jhonnie

Good luck and keep the pink flag flying! You have nothing to be ashamed about - there are plenty others out there who are hiding themselves and not facing the problems they are having.

Let us know how you get on!!

Sue

Ho Hum! Think I'll bang my drum!

Read My Blog
http://sadsack.blogs.iva.co.uk/
Ho Hum! Think I'll bang my drum!

Read My Blog
http://sadsack.blogs.iva.co.uk/

swardy73

Post by swardy73 » Tue Aug 14, 2007 10:53 pm
Hi Catullus,

Cheers for kind words. You are very welcome to use my post. I wont claim copyrights (because i dont know how to!!)

I was helped so much by this forum so any help i can give out is a pleasure.

swardy73

Post by swardy73 » Tue Aug 14, 2007 11:00 pm
Hi Melanie,

I dare not say i am having a giggle at the system because i dont want to come across as sticking two fingers up at the IVA route, because i know this has been fantastic for so many people used correctly. It must make you feel so good after completing the 5 years. Maybe if i had come across this forum just before i started my IVA, and could have taken your advise, my IVA would not have failed.
But, i certainly think BR should really be the final resort for people and not a easy cop out.

lily

Post by lily » Tue Aug 14, 2007 11:06 pm
If I could do an f and f IVA to end my own problems I would, its been a whole years since I realised my mess and would give anything to be free, I have seen so many people go through it all and it seems I have stood still, whatever the process you use to get yourself out of the hell that debt is, its just got to feel good.

lily
lily

tracy.h

Post by tracy.h » Wed Aug 15, 2007 3:40 pm
I have read this thread with great interest,its great to see the amount of support and sound advise people who post recieve on this forum.
I must admit after the amount of stress i was under when i went down the iva route it seriously affected my health.I ended up on antidepressants as the company that i used mislead me and i nearly ended up having to sell my home.
Im still in debt and am paying my creditors monthly i have been very lucky and have had interest frozen for at least the next 6 months.
I would agree an iva with the correct ip supporting you and making sure it is viable is a way forward for many people,but sadly as we see often on the forum this is not always the case and many end up with unrealistic iva's that cannot be maintained,hence people who want to pay back there crediters as much as possible turning to BR and in my eyes that is no easy way out.
I also feel we are extremely lucky to have 2 ip's that post free of charge and give so much legal information and help in there own free time,i shouldnt think many forums have the support network that we have.I feel honoured to be a part of this forum and learn so much from all who post.I also agree Lily if i was in a posiction to do f&f i would do it in a heartbeat just to try and get back to normality and not have the constant fear of never knowing whats going to happen next.

lily

Post by lily » Wed Aug 15, 2007 3:50 pm
That debt free day cannot come soon enough for me, I will be so happy. Dont know about you but sometimes I feel its never going to happen and the next its like round the corner.

Well I have taken one step nearer this week, some good news just on the horizon. This forum has certanly helped me over the last 12 months. Its great to see so many people willing to give the time to help others. Long may it continue after I have moved on.

lily
lily

aguise

Post by aguise » Wed Aug 15, 2007 4:36 pm
Dear Lily no-one is more deserving of some stress free times than you. I hope all goes well in anything that you do, and hope that step this week goes well for you.
Can I ask are going to try to come on sept4 to the money management evening?
Ang

Please visit my blog at http://aguise.blogs.iva.co.uk/

lily

Post by lily » Wed Aug 15, 2007 5:09 pm
+Yes would like to I can get the train into Brum and drive to the station. think I know the Hotel and I have a minder for the kids so all is good.

Thanks for your kind words, cant wait to close the door on this episode in my life. I had yet another offer on the house but this one has been through valuation so it looks promising.
lily
Last edited by lily on Wed Aug 15, 2007 5:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
lily

aguise

Post by aguise » Wed Aug 15, 2007 5:19 pm
Great Lily I am hoping to come too , I would get off at newstreet, I think I am going on my own, was hoping you would come.

Ang

lily

Post by lily » Wed Aug 15, 2007 5:30 pm
I am going on my own too, I hope that you do come, its a bit scary going alone, right? Did you register for a place? Just tried to do it but not sure if that bit is for the professionals. Do we just turn up or do we have to reserve? I really do not feel that important, lol.

lily
Last edited by lily on Wed Aug 15, 2007 5:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
lily

aguise

Post by aguise » Wed Aug 15, 2007 5:33 pm
Andy knows that I am coming and said he would email me nearer the time. I havent registered anywhere. If you want to meet ask admin for my email and we can arrange. Admin you can give lily my email if she wants.

Ang

lily

Post by lily » Wed Aug 15, 2007 5:39 pm
Yes thats fine, I would rather meet, I live just outside Brum and dont go that often but I am sure I know the Hotel, I would be getting off at Moor st though, I can walk through to New st. We will have a clothes code or something, red, me thinks with dark glasses and a brolly.

lily
lily
106 posts Page 6 of 8
Return to “hot hot hot topics in 2007 ! more than 60 replies”