data controller for hsbc

7 posts Page 1 of 1

ritateece

Post by ritateece » Fri Jun 22, 2012 12:53 am
hi sorry for troubling you but I need some
info regarding the address for the data controller
at hsbc due to the fact my IVA is done and dusted
yet everything that was in the IVA was classed as
settled barring two current accounts for hsbc which appear on my credit file as defaulted but in credit
the two loans appear to be settled so why not the current accounts can anyone explain why they would not close these accounts when they were all in the IVA.
I rang them up and they have told me to go in branch
and sort it out what should I do
thanks
rita
mrs r teece

Rich

Post by Rich » Fri Jun 22, 2012 6:48 am
Hi Rita
if I were you I would do as they suggest, go into the branch with a copy of your completion certificate and get them to sort it. Get the name of the person you speak to, so you have someone to refer back to. I would also write to the data controller at HSBC. Send recorded delivery and enclose a copy of your completion certificate and explain what you want them to do. The address for Data Controller at HSBC is
HSBC Bank PLC
Data Controller
8 Canada Square
London
E14 5HQ
I hope you get it all sorted, best of luck Rich
"Always remember that the future comes one day at a time."
IVA completed . Just started a blog, if you get chance please take a look.
http://rich.blogs.iva.co.uk/

Kelly O

Post by Kelly O » Fri Jun 22, 2012 9:49 am
Hi Rita

You could consider using this template to send to HSBC Data Controller:

Dear Sirs

Re: Account Number xxxxxxxxxxx

After consultation with both the Information Commissioner and the Credit Reference Agencies, I am writing directly to you to request that you formally update my credit files in accordance with the Data Protection Act.

My IVA was completed on <Date on your completion certificate >, and <name of creditor> was included within my IVA. For your convenience I have attached a copy of my completion certificate.

Currently the information that you have recorded against my name with the Credit Reference Agencies is factually incorrect, and despite several written requests to your customer services , as yet your company has failed to correct the entries as required.

• It is requested that if you intend to default the account, the default entry must be no later than <Date your IVA was approved>, in accordance with the Data Protection Act.

• It is requested that you mark the account in some way as to indicate that it is settled or satisfied, in accordance with the Data Protection Act.

The Information Commissioner has indicated that I should allow you 28 calendar days from the date you receive this letter to comply, during this time you are requested either to update the Credit Reference Files correctly (of all three Credit Reference Agencies) or notify me in writing the reasons that you refuse to.

After the 28 days have elapsed the Information Commissioner has requested that I inform them if your company fails to update the records so that they may take any necessary enforcement action against your company.

I have copied the relevant information provided by the Information Commissioner as an attachment to this request.

Yours faithfully

AN OTHER

Enc:

IVA Completion certificate
Regards Kelly Osadare Debt Advice Manager at www.pjgrecovery.com (host to www.melaniegiles.com.)

PJG Recovery have a free online advice channel at www.debtadvicetv.com. If you are ready to ask us for specific advice or help, then get in touch at www.pjgrecovery.com/contact-us.asp . I look forward to speaking to you.

ritateece

Post by ritateece » Fri Jun 22, 2012 2:19 pm
thanks will do
mrs r teece

Kelly O

Post by Kelly O » Fri Jun 22, 2012 2:31 pm
No problem and I hope you get it sorted soon x
Regards Kelly Osadare Debt Advice Manager at www.pjgrecovery.com (host to www.melaniegiles.com.)

PJG Recovery have a free online advice channel at www.debtadvicetv.com. If you are ready to ask us for specific advice or help, then get in touch at www.pjgrecovery.com/contact-us.asp . I look forward to speaking to you.

tonyranks

Post by tonyranks » Mon Jul 23, 2012 9:56 am
thanks, I will pinch a copy of this letter also many thanksssssssssss
time is always the answer, stay focus and you will reach the end all in good time

Kelly O

Post by Kelly O » Mon Jul 23, 2012 9:58 am
Let us know how you get on Tony :-)

7 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “template letter suggested by inaiva”