Dating For Debtors

30 posts Page 1 of 2

mish1953

Post by mish1953 » Fri Aug 17, 2007 4:33 pm
[}:)]

You may think this is a little sad but ...

MyVista-Steve - has set up a dating site ...quote
"Being in debt can be stressful and depressing enough but when you in debt and alone and trying to find a friend or someone special during those times, it makes it even more difficult.
The Myvesta Foundation has created a 100% free site, Dating for Debtors, to help people with financial concerns or worries to make new friends or meet new people.
Visit DatingForDebtors.com to look at the profiles of people that have already joined.
Don't forget, it's all free for you."

Now being old, single parent and skint --- as opposed to young, single and free... I thought hmmm .. it's free why not ..

Its infested ... just dont go there .. there are only 75 users, 3 ladies from the UK, most are from the 'usa' err not.

In the last 24 hrs I have had a couple of the famous Nigerian scam emails from the site, most on there seem to be Nigerian or russian.
Dont waste your time ..

Now then anyone fancy a date with an 53 yr old, scottish, single parent, potentially homeless, somewhat skint bloke .. nah .. I didnt think so ... think I'll wait till Ive got the house sorted and some money in the bank.

Mair whisky please waiter
Mish
Early Discharge is not an illness !

Skippy

Post by Skippy » Fri Aug 17, 2007 4:53 pm
I thought you'd already had too much whiskey Mish, but I've had a look and what can I say? Some of the user names and pictures are dodgy looking to say the least and did you look on the search part? You can search as a couple looking for romance - perhaps it should be called Swinging for Debtors!

Sorry, it's Friday afternoon and I'm bored!

Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, today is the present - a gift to make the most of.

View my blog at http://skippy13.blogs.iva.co.uk/

dorset70

Post by dorset70 » Fri Aug 17, 2007 5:06 pm
Hi Mish

Oh your posting did make me smile.

Will give that site a miss then I think! Have decided I may just have to be used to my own company for 5 years. You could always try an ad in the “local”.

How about this for my posting if I were to put one:

36 year old (wishes she was 21 so she could do everything differently) female, OHAC (well own car anyway, even if it is only worth £150!! and have house to live in even though it’s not mine!!). Just about to start making payments into an IVA for 60 months, so no spare money for wining and dining although does a mean lasagne and a cheap (good?) bottle of wine can sometimes be stretched to! Only two ex husbands so far!!

WLTM man in similar situation to share stories of debt problems too and enjoy nights in saving the pennies!

Somehow don’t think I would get many replies if I posted that ad in my local!!

But like many on here we are on all in the same situation and are all trying to do the best option in our own ways.

Perhaps I should just stick to my own company and my old cat (who isn’t that much company actually, just costs me money and scratches me when I try to give him a cuddle)!!

First payment of 60 due on 3rd September!!

mish1953

Post by mish1953 » Fri Aug 17, 2007 5:29 pm
SNAP - I have two ex wives ..

Hmm Dorset... hmm too far away .. you sound purrfect .. whiling away the evenings chatting on-line on IVA.co.uk , muttering incantations and curses over a bottle of tesco's 'finest' whisky..

I think Im going to have to change my profile on myspace seeing as how I no longer have a motorbike courtesy of the OR ..

http://www.myspace.com/mish1953

Mish
Early Discharge is not an illness !

Skippy

Post by Skippy » Fri Aug 17, 2007 5:55 pm
How about 'Mad, high maintenance (if she could afford it), blue eyed blonde bankrupt looking for equally mad but preferably solvent Alan Smith lookalike. Liverpool, Chelski or Arsenal supporters will not be considered!'

Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, today is the present - a gift to make the most of.

thebear29uk

Post by thebear29uk » Fri Aug 17, 2007 8:43 pm
Single male nearly 41, South coast, likes football, sailing, cinema, red wine, white wine, pink wine, lager, cider, vodka, gin, bacardi - all in moderation obviously - seeks postal worker from Scotland with teenage son. Any recent lottery wins will be viewed as a tick in the plusses box.

Dave
Regards

Dave

View my blog at www.thebear29uk.blogs.iva.co.uk/

dorset70

Post by dorset70 » Fri Aug 17, 2007 9:02 pm
Smile at the two ex wives mish, don't feel so bad now.....

Two ex-husbands and severe debt, how did that happen as obviously was far too nice when negotiating and discussing the financial side!!!!!

Oh well, at least I have my humour and can hold my head high, I didn't sting them for as much money as some do, my solicitor dealing with first divorce said that I was not getting as much as I could hmmmm well at least I can say I tried the old "marriage thing" obviously not for me!!

Have my cheap bottle of wine to drink whilst counting my pennies, well at least I can have the bottle to myself!!

Will end my life on my own described as "that mad old woman who lived on her own with just her cat".

Had a "big" win on the lottery last week, havn't declared it my IP oops although it was only ten pound!!

How about adding a new abbrevation to the advert such as NSM no spare money or WLTMM would like to meet a millionaire!!

Plenty of ex husbands to go yet to catch up with Elizabeth Taylor!!

Skippy

Post by Skippy » Fri Aug 17, 2007 9:16 pm
I don't think I'll ever get married - Dave has told me I can have a cat instead of a wedding!

tracy.h

Post by tracy.h » Fri Aug 17, 2007 9:35 pm
Ive lived in sin for 17yrs the sad thing is after about 5 yrs the sin bit kind of stops!!!

lily

Post by lily » Fri Aug 17, 2007 9:44 pm
Got married, had children, got divorced, got children. Got a bloke a few years ago, up his own ass professional, Got rid of him. Got into debt, still trying to get rid of that. Got a career, was got rid of. Now is there anything I havent managed to screw up?? Even this f-ing lap top is in bits.

lily
lily

Skippy

Post by Skippy » Fri Aug 17, 2007 9:48 pm
[:D]Tracy!

pippa

Post by pippa » Fri Aug 17, 2007 10:11 pm
Never planned to marry, unless of course the proposal comes from Willy Wonker, Mr Cadbury, Mr Thornton ............. [:p]

Skippy

Post by Skippy » Fri Aug 17, 2007 10:17 pm
You haven't screwed anything up Lily - you've a lovely person and you've got children to be proud of.

Now don't get me started on laptops!

I'd prefer Mr Green or Mr Black Pippa! I used to work near the Mars factory in Slough and the smell of it put me off chocolate - sadly when I left the cravings returned!

lily

Post by lily » Fri Aug 17, 2007 10:29 pm
Thanks skip, just kidding, dont drink much, only twice a year or so, never done drugs, wouldnt even know how. Do decorating, gardening, had a go at plumbing (well before I had to call an emergency one in) but I did learn a lot (forgot a washer, te he). Love my kids, loads. So no, I havent screwed up everything.

My laptop has to have a seperate keyboard (I spilled tea on it) but it keeps going ding dong, you know that noise when you put in new hardware and it wont work, then it does, then it doesnt, arrgggh. Really drives me mad, anyway, by the time I have posted, there are loads more posts. ( I stared this ages ago and there will be loads more after yours, I bet. And then the posts get all disconbobulated and its all my fault.

lily
lily

Skippy

Post by Skippy » Fri Aug 17, 2007 10:59 pm
Same here - I hardly drink (I'm a control freak so I don't like being drunk!), I don't smoke (never have) and I've never done drugs - I'm quite boring really!

I put my laptop down on the floor a bit too hard a couple of months ago and the hard drive crashed. Dave managed to get it up and running again but I lost everything, and now the wireless internet thingy is very unstable and I keep getting chucked off and it's also very slow. Dave can put new memory and a new hard drive in it, but I'm looking at nearly £200, and if the wireless thingy goes there's no point. I'm going to try and save for a new one and persevere with this one in the meantime - I've got an awful lot of saving to do!

30 posts Page 1 of 2
Return to “the hot hot IVA topics in 2007, 20 replies plus”