Debenham PrePaid Card - The Worst Customer Service

1 post Page 1 of 1

sakuraaus

Post by sakuraaus » Wed May 13, 2009 5:19 pm
Hi,

My friend had just applied for a debenham prepaid card and was asked for prove of identity when he wanted to cancel his application within cool off period (14 days to be exact). It would be reasonable to ask for identification if we want the service but no to withdraw from it! The following is the snapshop of his email written to the customer service and their responses (which did not answer the question posed):

Dear sir,

For your information, those documentations are required only to proceed with the application but NOT to CANCEL it. Moreover, I have checked the information from your website regarding this matter at:

*Link deleted - does not lead to any relevant information.*

The following are the relavent information to prove that I am not required to proved my identification to process this application.

Will I require any ID to complete my card application?

No. When you apply for your card, we will ask for your name, and full address with a valid postcode. We need this to deliver your card. However we do reserve the right to decline your application if the details you provide do not match the details on our postal address database. We will also use external verification agencies to confirm your address as part of our commitment to fraud prevention.

AND THEIR RESPOND:

We will require identification documents before any refund is issued.

RECOMMENDATION TO THE CUSTOMER SERVICE:

At least they could inform us the reason for thier action ie the need for prove of identification which I could not see one, unless, they wanted to misuse our personal information for their personal gain!

Please THINK TWICE before enrolling into their service!

Wanted to share the experience with all of you and save you all the trouble of making the same mistake.

Thanks for your kind attention,
Last edited by sakuraaus on Wed May 13, 2009 5:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
1 post Page 1 of 1
Return to “Payment Protection”