Debt Collectors and harrassment

5 posts Page 1 of 1

Julian

Post by Julian » Wed Mar 26, 2008 3:13 pm
Currently in a DMP, accepted by creditors but not HSBC as using a fee charging company. Now petitioning for an IVA, IVA provider seem to be taking their time but OK otherwise, awaiting proposal to be drawn up. Will probably have a dividend of around 50p in the pound as discussed elsewhere on this forum. Still getting calls from HSBC, seem suprised that I am petitioning for IVA then quote me the details I have previously supplied them IP Company address etc. Threaten doorstep collectors court action etc. Knowing all this they still then ask for a payment to clear the arrears and threaten a final demand for full payment of the debt.

What is reasonable for a creditor to contact you, 8:30 pm seems a bit late to me, also several calls in consecutive days.

jpj

Post by jpj » Wed Mar 26, 2008 3:36 pm
When its 8.30 here its not 8.30 in the Indian call centres!! LOL :o)

You owe them the money,I think they are allowed to call whenever they like!
They call in the evening as they know there is more chance you will be at home...

Unfortunately you just have to grin and bear it..we have all been there,and it does get easier when your IVA is approved!

Good luck

markss

Post by markss » Wed Mar 26, 2008 3:42 pm
hi try unplug your phone or use answermachine. just had my IVA through Debt Free Direct they were excellent. keep smiling you will get there in the end.

kal

Post by kal » Wed Mar 26, 2008 3:43 pm
Hi Julian
HSBC are one of my creditors, and at first they too hassled me - we too started life out on a DMP, but have recently been accepted on an IVA, and HSBC did accept, so lets hope they do the same for you.
It is not easy having all those calls - I used to turn the phone down and then do a 1471, to see who it was, and if i wanted to call them back!
Unfortunately tyou may find some creditors call more frequently than others.
I hardly ever spoke to any of my creditors and it made no difference to the outcome of my IVA.
When is your creditors meeting - has it been set up yet?
k.

zoe

Post by zoe » Wed Mar 26, 2008 4:06 pm
When they call they go through security and ask for infor from you - i would not give on the phone partly because of this and partly because of the watchdog programme about scammers they soon stopped calling!
5 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “postings for march”