Debt escape court cases put on hold

106 posts Page 7 of 8

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Sun May 10, 2009 11:15 am
Thanks Phil and sparklywatcher.
Sharing from experiences of dealing with debt
The greatness of a man is not in how much wealth he acquires, but in his integrity and his ability to affect those around him positively.
Bob Marley.
http://kallis3.blogs.iva.co.uk

newdeal

Post by newdeal » Sun May 10, 2009 2:37 pm
The undeniable fact on reducing your debt relies on the rule of law and not the rule of man like in some tribal society.The Personal,ethical or biblical teachings will not get your iva accepted.Creditors operate within the law not pled barginning.I personally would not differential between someone who pays 10p to the pound or 99p to the pound, in so far if you seek an iva then you are asking for legal protection and legal requirements to pay. If we get bogged down with the moral views of the obligation to pay debts then someone paying 80p in a better standing than someone paying 40p to the pound?? Not the kind of comparison people want??

If you speak to people who have no debts, they would not see an IVA as anything but a legalised debt evasion measure along with getting out of the CC agreement. I would respect their view and the creditors view on these legislations as they are not represented here on this board.Shame.
Last edited by newdeal on Sun May 10, 2009 2:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

onechance

Post by onechance » Sun May 10, 2009 2:47 pm
I have been reliabley informed that the IVA payments and debts will be adjusted however you might have to apply to all banks to get it

mole

Post by mole » Sun May 10, 2009 3:21 pm
newdeal wrote:

If you speak to people who have no debts, they would not see an IVA as anything but a legalised debt evasion measure along with getting out of the CC agreement.
Hi Newdeal, I would probably agree with the above statement but is that not an education issue for for the general public rather than the actual reality?

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Sun May 10, 2009 3:37 pm
Let's not forget that the whole of the debt is owed throughout the term of the IVA - a proportion of it is not 'written off' until the end.

You are still liable, and therefore, in my opinion, are not seeking debt evasions.

I will never agree that an IVA is anything other than an honourable way to settle otherwise unmanageable debts which otherwise would be lost in bankrputcy and the creditors get nothing.
The greatness of a man is not in how much wealth he acquires, but in his integrity and his ability to affect those around him positively.
Bob Marley.

Adam Davies

Post by Adam Davies » Sun May 10, 2009 4:55 pm
Hi
The reason some people pay 20p in an IVA and others 90p is simply because it is all that they can afford to pay, it has nothing to do with the higher dividend relating to a higher moral responsibility to repay the debt.
An IVA is not debt avoidance scheme at all.
Question for Newdeal......are you actually in an IVA or DMP or do you actually have debt that you are finding hard to repay ?
Regards
Andam Davies

kabby3

Post by kabby3 » Sun May 10, 2009 5:13 pm
My thoughts entirely Andy!
On the slow safe road to success. Personal thanks to Melanie Giles Kallis Skippy Elv5 and all the other wonderful forum friends.

Skippy

Post by Skippy » Sun May 10, 2009 5:27 pm
Well said Andy

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Sun May 10, 2009 6:13 pm
Excellent post Andy - couldn't agree more.
Bob Marley.

ivas4us

Post by ivas4us » Sun May 10, 2009 7:41 pm
Exactly Andy. Whatever circumstances Newdeal finds himself in it is obvious that he does not agree with the concept of an IVA. Everybody is entitled to thier opinion but I do feel his arguments would perhaps find better credability on another forum, which is my opinion.
IVA.co.uk The best place for debt advice. Thanks to Melanie Giles, David Mond, David and J (Elv5) Kallis, Dand, Skippy, Andy Davie

mole

Post by mole » Sun May 10, 2009 7:52 pm
Perhaps I am wrong but I think newdeal is actually in support of IVAs and other debt remedy solutions (determined from previous posts). I would like to think he is just questioning the relative merits of other options and their perceptions by the general public.

ivas4us

Post by ivas4us » Sun May 10, 2009 7:54 pm
In that case my previous post was pretty pointless.
IVA.co.uk The best place for debt advice. Thanks to Melanie Giles, David Mond, David and J (Elv5) Kallis, Dand, Skippy, Andy Davie

LoneRanger

Post by LoneRanger » Sun May 10, 2009 7:55 pm
How could anyone possibly believe that an IVA is a way of avoiding debt?

Why would any of us put ourselves through 5/6 years of tight budgeting, no holidays or a modest one at most etc?

I always thought the purpose of an IVA was to pay back as much as you could possibly afford over the term. In my point of view if i wanted to avoid a debt I wouldn't be proposng an IVA. As annoying as creditors can be I feel responible to pay back as much of what I borrowed as I possibly can.
Steve.

IVA approved!

mole

Post by mole » Sun May 10, 2009 8:01 pm
Not pointless at all Paul, I could be wrong and it seems a few people have been questioning his/her posts.

If indeed newdeal is not in favour of debt remedy solutions I agree that his presence here can only be inflammatory.

ivas4us

Post by ivas4us » Sun May 10, 2009 8:06 pm
Thats the impression I get Phil but I may not have read all the posts and if he asking legitimate questions about ivas then its fair comment.
106 posts Page 7 of 8
Return to “for moderators”