Debt Free Direct and Variation proposals

10 posts Page 1 of 1

ianjackie

Post by ianjackie » Sat Oct 03, 2009 11:52 am
Help!! We had an IVA set up with the proviso that we sell our house to pay our creditors within 12 months. No problem with this until the credit crunch struck and the house prices tumbled!
We got in touch with DFD and informed them that in 3 years our payment protection with our secured loan would be repaid and that this would more than offset the amount of money that would be returned.
We had a letter agreeing to our proposal and some new figures calculated and forwarded by our IP.
I then lost my job and so requested a further variation to allow me some time to get a new one. This again was agreed.
Now that I have a new job we contacted DFD again to let them know and inform them that we wanted to start paying... BUT.....
They phoned my wife yesterday and said that they had no record of the revised proposal (even though they sent it to us) and now our IVA is not a viable option.
What the hell are they up to? Are they now so busy that they cannot even refer to their own letters?
We have told them to look at their records and contact us next week but this is a shocking state of affairs. The stress that their incompetence is causing is immense!
Any advice.... Please!!!!

PELDER

Post by PELDER » Sat Oct 03, 2009 12:20 pm
Having first hand experience of the vagaries of DFD I know exactly what you mean as they often get muddled up over the simplest of things,and they even got my age and date of birth wrong on the initial proposal of my IVA - the problem is that they don't always listen and you have to persist by telephone before the the penny drops - being the largest IVA company they have simply gotten too big and customer service suffers as a result - don't despair though as they will sort it out eventually but you will sit anxiously until they do!

MelanieGiles

Industry Expert
Post by MelanieGiles » Sat Oct 03, 2009 2:30 pm
DFD have a representative who posts on the forum called Declan - so I am sure he will be able to look into this for you. The events you relate to seem very odd, and it seems that someone at DFD needs to look into this as soon as possible.
Regards, Melanie Giles, Insolvency Practitioner

Skippy

Post by Skippy » Sat Oct 03, 2009 4:52 pm
Good luck with getting this sorted out with DFD. They have had some criticism about their communication on here in the past, but since Declan has been posting things seem to have improved. I'm sure once he sees this he'll help you sort it out x

ianjackie

Post by ianjackie » Sat Oct 03, 2009 6:53 pm
Thanks everyone... here's hoping!!

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Sat Oct 03, 2009 7:05 pm
Good luck - I'm sure Declan will pick up on this next week.
Sharing from experiences of dealing with debt
The greatness of a man is not in how much wealth he acquires, but in his integrity and his ability to affect those around him positively.
Bob Marley.
http://kallis3.blogs.iva.co.uk

Declan at DebtFreeDirect

Post by Declan at DebtFreeDirect » Mon Oct 05, 2009 8:49 am
Hi there Ian
I would be more then happy to look into this on your behalf and ensure we get this resolved as soon as possible.
I do apologise for the confusion and if you send me your reference number or name and postcode I will ensure this gets treated as a priority.
The admin / moderators on this forum have my email address as I cannot post it on a thread.

Thanks
Declan Murray
Debt Advisor
Debt Free Direct - the UK's largest IVA provider.
http://www.debtfreedirect.co.uk/iva/

ianjackie

Post by ianjackie » Mon Oct 05, 2009 7:34 pm
Thanks Declan.... Can one of the mods/admin please let me have Declans details so that I can contact hime directly? Ta

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Mon Oct 05, 2009 7:43 pm
Sorry, the moderators don't have the email addresses. Admin should hopefully pick this up.

Otherwise, if you both go to your profile, you can find a link called Frugal Friends - click on the drop down list and select each other. You will then be able to send emails to each other.
Sharing from experiences of dealing with debt
The greatness of a man is not in how much wealth he acquires, but in his integrity and his ability to affect those around him positively.
Bob Marley.
http://kallis3.blogs.iva.co.uk

Declan at DebtFreeDirect

Post by Declan at DebtFreeDirect » Tue Oct 06, 2009 9:41 am
Hi Ian
If you look on my profile on the experts section it my email address should be there.

Thanks
Declan Murray
Debt Advisor
Debt Free Direct - the UK's largest IVA provider.
http://www.debtfreedirect.co.uk/iva/
10 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “Harrassment by creditors ?”