Debt matters

56 posts Page 2 of 4

MelanieGiles

Industry Expert
Post by MelanieGiles » Thu Feb 14, 2008 12:23 am
They are not a non-fee charging IVA provider, indeed they are a volume processor with probably 5,000 fee paying cases to their record, but they do represent themselves as a "non fee paying" DMP provider or "charity" - in a similar vein to the CCCS.
Regards, Melanie Giles, Insolvency Practitioner

OPTIMIST12

Post by OPTIMIST12 » Thu Feb 14, 2008 12:49 am
I really hope that my IVA Provider rides out the storm (I have complete faith that they will) - I know that Melanie and others have stated that - whatever happens - IVAs will if necessary be re-assigned to another IP should a company fold - but I am sure I am not alone in saying that I have grown to like and respect my company - and feel a certain affinity with them.
47 months completed - 13 months to go.

size5

Industry Expert

Post by size5 » Thu Feb 14, 2008 9:10 am
If I had to hazard a guess, I would agree with Carl.
Cert DR
23+ years in debt advice
I do not post for anyone other than myself

Follow my tweets at http://twitter.com/debtmastersize5

OPTIMIST12

Post by OPTIMIST12 » Thu Feb 14, 2008 9:17 am
I have just done a search under "Totemic" - now I understand Melanies post from last night!!
47 months completed - 13 months to go.

caknight

Post by caknight » Thu Feb 14, 2008 7:41 pm
What a nightmare, how soon would you find out if you have been transferred?

Cybus

Post by Cybus » Thu Feb 14, 2008 7:46 pm
OPTIMIST12 wrote:

I have just done a search under "Totemic" - now I understand Melanies post from last night!!
ie Totemic Limited is Payplan.

There appear to be many conflicting write ups on the transfer of the IVA book and the future of Debtmatters. My own enquiries lead me to believe that whilst the IVA book has been sold, there is not to be a total withdrawal from IVA's. It is now a much smaller operation but it will continue to offer advice to individuals and indeed businesses who are experiencing financial difficulties, advising them of the various alternatives open to them.

To those who may be worried, because they are already in an IVA with Debtmatters, there should be no cause for concern. The IVA's will continue to run as per the terms of the proposals. The only thing that will differ is the appointment of a new Supervisor, which is done by court transfer. The transfer will have no impact on the terms of your IVA's.
Tell it like it is.

Cybus

Post by Cybus » Thu Feb 14, 2008 7:52 pm
caknight wrote:

What a nightmare, how soon would you find out if you have been transferred?
The Court Order that effects the transfer will advise Grant Thornton / Payplan as to how and when the transfer should be notified. I have seen a court order for this type of transfer before, though I cannot recall specifically the terms.
Tell it like it is.

caknight

Post by caknight » Thu Feb 14, 2008 7:54 pm
So how long before we find out if we are transferred or not, does anyone know?

MelanieGiles

Industry Expert
Post by MelanieGiles » Thu Feb 14, 2008 8:56 pm
I would have thought it might take a month for the Court applications to be processed. Has anyone from Debtmatters written to you to tell you what is going on yet?
Regards, Melanie Giles, Insolvency Practitioner

caknight

Post by caknight » Thu Feb 14, 2008 8:58 pm
Hi Melanie, no but we will ring them tomorrow.

Phil

Post by Phil » Fri Feb 15, 2008 4:18 pm
Just spoke to debtmatters staff today in regards to an issue in my IVA and I asked them about the IVA book being sold.They said they have been told nothing.However reading between the lines I think they have been instructed not to say anything

P

goulda

Post by goulda » Fri Feb 15, 2008 4:45 pm
Hi Phil,

I had similar staff told me "any takeover was news to them" I informed them I had bought another car and had a pay rise they said don't do anything it will be sorted at the next I/E review. They did not seem too concerned as to what I told them.
A. G. Gould

Phil

Post by Phil » Fri Feb 15, 2008 4:56 pm
Hi goulder

No they did seem not to be too concerned.But as the experts have said previous in this thread our IVAs are now set in court stone so to speak so as long as there is not a major issues with our IVAs best just sit tight and let them wrangle it out,As long as you keeping the payments up thats all we need to be concerned about.

P

joh71262

Post by joh71262 » Sat Feb 16, 2008 9:10 am
WOW - this is all news to me. I haven't posted for a while but one of my usual web sites was offline so here I am. I would have thought that Debtmatters would send out a letter to all their IVA "customers" informing them and allaying any fears they may have. Having said that, as a "customer" nearly two years into an IVA and basing it on the fact that they are pretty much a useless bunch of cowboys, I shouldn't really be that surprised.

I never did get a written apology for them demanding over £200 in error, or for them sending me someone elses pay slips or even an acknowledgement that I have voluntarily increased my repayments by £20 a month.
There's light at the end of the tunnel - it's just that sometimes the tunnel seems so long.

IVA Complete June 2009

oldcazza

Post by oldcazza » Sat Feb 16, 2008 12:21 pm
so its not just me that thinks debt matters are useless....everyone else on here seems to get information updates ,we've had no reviews or annual reports, you shoyuld see the state of the variation report they have sent out to the creditors,all the info is wrong and by no meamns are they fighting our corner,if it wasn't for Ian Millington forum ex. on here i'd be on valium by now, at least he's trying to put my mind at ease .
56 posts Page 2 of 4
Return to “IVA postbag for march”