Debtmatters, Grant Thornton and Payplan

136 posts Page 9 of 10

craigbeas

Post by craigbeas » Tue Apr 08, 2008 8:35 pm
No our property was excluded we believe we have 50,000 equity on which we need 6600 for selling fees and 6 months rent, 10000 to pay off mom and dad debt which leaves 33400 to go to creditors which along with paments to dates less fees will leave the 45 pence minimum dividend. What do you think? Thanks again

MelanieGiles

Industry Expert
Post by MelanieGiles » Tue Apr 08, 2008 8:44 pm
Then the equity is yours to do with as you wish. I think what you are offering represents the best of a bad deal - as there is some moral dilemma in preferring your parents. I am sure that we would all want to pay those closest to us, in preference to the banks and other lenders, but only you can decide if that is the right thing to do - and at the end of the day if your IP told you their debt should not be included, they are somewhat culpable in my eyes.

Do let us know what you decide.
Regards, Melanie Giles, Insolvency Practitioner

craigbeas

Post by craigbeas » Tue Apr 08, 2008 8:57 pm
I am trying to work out what is best and are discussing with Grant Thorton who have taken over the case from Debtmatters. This is where it is difficult as they only have the case now and if i know debtmatters the files wont be up to date. We want to pay mom and dad debt of course and also the 45pence dividend so hope that Grant thortnon will put it forward.

s.b.w

Post by s.b.w » Fri Apr 11, 2008 1:39 pm
Are you talking about Mr Chicken J-DOUBLEYA?

He was a wonderful guy and extremely good at this job....

Where is he now?
Arghhhhh!!!!!!!!!
If only I'd said NO!

Go to my blog at:

http://shazzy.blogs.iva.co.uk/

baz36

Post by baz36 » Sat Apr 12, 2008 11:31 am
we were also transferred to Payplan from DM. Received the phone call from payplan asking if we had had the letter etc.... and was we going to sign? we had infact already signed and returned paperwork.
I asked him a few questions which i was quite happy with the answers. Our 1st yearly review was due with DM on 7th March, so i told him this and he explained that the yearly reviews are now not as in depth as they used to be and that they may not even ask for wage slips, just to complete income and expenditure form.

He said the next thing we hear will probably be from our new IP, but still havent heard anything, notcomplaining just wondered what happens if they havent conducted yearly review by 7th May? Or will they even do one?

MelanieGiles

Industry Expert
Post by MelanieGiles » Sat Apr 12, 2008 3:59 pm
I cannot believe that anyone would conduct an annual review without reviewing wage-slips! But if that is the way things are within this company I suppose you cannot complain.

J-DOUBLEYA

Post by J-DOUBLEYA » Sat Apr 12, 2008 9:29 pm
HI Craig - Yes i am, Brian retired, I went to his retirement 'do'. Now there was someone that I had the utmost respect for.

rebornat40

Post by rebornat40 » Fri May 02, 2008 10:00 am
I was with Debtmatters. Did a joint IVA with my wife in June 06. Did a full & final Variation in January 07 which was accepted. Paid in the full & final funds in February 07 & then waited for the completion certificate. We waited, & waited & waited & after numerous phone calls to Debtmatters, they eventually began paying out the dividends. They had nearly finished paying the dividends in January 08 & we were told the certificate was imminent. Then in February 08, we get a letter telling us that our IVA has been transferred to Payplan. We then start getting letters to sign a new variation about fee's & also a new income & expenditure (I & E) form. When I phoned the new case officer at Payplan, I was told I didn't have to sign anything or fill out the I & E form as the IVA was almost complete.

We can't believe it has taken so long to sort our IVA dividends out. Debtmatters kept blaming it on .... Creditors not claiming, staff sickness, staff annual leave, creditors not cashing the cheques for the dividends, losing notes on our case (Now found) & staff redundancies. My wife & I have really had enough. We have been told that Payplan are just waiting on one creditor to claim their money. We did have a total of 26 creditor's although these were really about 14 creditors with 26 accounts across them. We are hoping this is just the creditor cashing the cheque as we had been told by Debtmatters that the all dividend cheques had been sent to creditors. Debtmatters have issued us with 2 Notice Of Fulfilment Of Obligation Notices which our Mortgage company accepted as proof the IVA was completed but we have still not had the completion certificate & it is now almost 16 months since we paid the full & final payment to Debtmatters.

Can anything be done about this & is there a way of speeding up the certificate?

MelanieGiles

Industry Expert
Post by MelanieGiles » Fri May 02, 2008 11:00 pm
Bear with Payplan - they have inherited a problem and are doing as much as they can to sort it. I am sure that you will get your completion certificate shortly.

rebornat40

Post by rebornat40 » Sat May 03, 2008 11:23 am
Thanks melanie

littlemeg

Post by littlemeg » Mon Jun 23, 2008 10:12 pm
Hi all
firstly - I am so glad I found this site, to know I'm not the only one going up the wall is wonderful.

I too have been transfered to GT from Debtmatters. I received a letter from GT telling me about this, then after much chasing one from DM, but the DM one said it was for PAYPLAN people. GT confirmed I had been transfered to them and that I just leave the debit on my account ticking away.

My creditors meeting has gone through and my annual review done (so hang in guys, GT are working they way through) BUT my annual review indicated that I had missed the last payment, and made an excuse as to why. but I know NOTHING about this. I have checked my account and the payments have left and been going to the same place as ever, but GT havent received them.

Now this must have been going on for the last 3 months, and the terms of my IVA state that if i miss 3 months ive failed. I have sucesfully paid every single payment on time in full for the last 3 years and now after this transfer its all gone to pot. GT have gone quite on me (I know they are busy after reading all these posts, but I am worried sick here).

Has anyone else run into this problem and Can anyone advise as to where we stand when this happens??

and finally to melanie - you're advice on here just keep coming, I wish you were my IP!!

MelanieGiles

Industry Expert
Post by MelanieGiles » Mon Jun 23, 2008 10:17 pm
Hi there and thank you for the compliment! I know the guys at GT quite well, so if you want to e-mail me directly at my website I can see if I can try and put you in touch with the right person to sort this out for you. It is bound to relate to teething problems following the handover, so don't worry as if the payments have rightly left your bank account, they will be found somewhere.

littlemeg

Post by littlemeg » Mon Jun 23, 2008 10:40 pm
Wow Melanie!! Superspeed reply! Why can't any of the IVA providers sit on a forum and have discussions with us!!!

To be fair I am in touch with someone at GT and compared to DM I have actually had more communication from GT since feb than from DM in 3 years! For all the problems that have been caused now, I am aware of GT's reputation and from the posts on here I am hopeful that my IVA will be far better managed than with DM. I just wish things would move much much faster!!!

I'll come back to you if I dont hear anything soon though!

I might get some sleep tonight now ;-)

Many thanks

MelanieGiles

Industry Expert
Post by MelanieGiles » Mon Jun 23, 2008 10:46 pm
If I had to do an IVA (and my husband says I will have to if I buy any more shoes!!), then I would choose GT to do it for me - as I could not do my own!!!

You really are now with a great firm, and everything will fall into place for you shortly of that I am sure.

eckstardeluxe

Post by eckstardeluxe » Mon Jun 30, 2008 12:33 pm
In response to these posts. I raised an issue earlier this month about my IP asking for more money after my husband had made all his payments into his IVA. They said it was equity in my car. Every person I have spoken with about this cannot believe it and the general consensus is they are trying their luck. I know they are. My point is, my husbands IVA is with GT. We have now spoken to 3 people with GT who were asked to pay more at the end of their agreement for either equity in their car or property. I dont want people to worry but i do hope they bear this in mind and be prepared for this possibly happening to them.
136 posts Page 9 of 10
Return to “IVA postbag for june”