default notice

14 posts Page 1 of 1

gwdihw

Post by gwdihw » Thu Nov 26, 2009 6:25 pm
I thought I was coping pretty well up tp now. I've collected and sent off all bar one thing of my documentation on Monday. I've spoken to all my creditors, kept them informed as to how far along I am in seeking an IVA and all have been very patient sand helpful, that is until I got home today. I've had a letter from Nat West who are serving a default notice on me and want arrears payed by 10th December. I rang them up and explained the situation (yet again) and they have now given me 28 days. I asked what happens when the 28 days are up and I can't pay he said things happen quickly. I asked what he meant by that he said that the debt collectors would be round. I know this is the worst case scenario but I feel abolutely sick. Is this the kind of thing that everyone else has had to deal with? I guess this is the storm setting in after the lull?! :-(

Julie

Post by Julie » Thu Nov 26, 2009 6:45 pm
Please ignore Natwest. As long as you've included the debt and sent details to your IP then there's no need to worry.

Unfortunatley they will use bully boy tactics, but please don't feel threatened by them. You are trying your best here and they will just have to like it or lump it.

If any debt collectors do call, which is unlikley, politely tell them (on the doorstep) you are proposing an IVA. You'll probably find the collectors are a lot more understanding than call centre staff who know little about your case.

Send any letters you receive onto your IP and try to ignore the calls/letters.

we've all been there and will support you all the way. Just be proud of the fact you're facing upto and dealing with your debts.

xx

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Thu Nov 26, 2009 6:55 pm
I totally agree with Julie.

The people you spoke to today, their sole purpose in life is to get you to pay money to them as they are on commission.

It is highly unlikely thst and debt collectors will call, and even if they do, you don't have to speak to them at all.

You're on the way to getting your problems sorted. Any problems with creditors you refer to your prospective IP.

Any advice or support we are here for you. We've all been where you are right now.

Don't worry, everything will be ok.
Sharing from experiences of dealing with debt
The greatness of a man is not in how much wealth he acquires, but in his integrity and his ability to affect those around him positively.
Bob Marley.
http://kallis3.blogs.iva.co.uk

MelanieGiles

Industry Expert
Post by MelanieGiles » Thu Nov 26, 2009 7:07 pm
Words on paper - trying to threaten you into paying a debt collector probably motivated by the commission they can earn from your payments. Let your IP deal with this for you, and if you have sent off all of the paperwork to them, it should not be too long before the IVA proposal is in your hands.
Regards, Melanie Giles, Insolvency Practitioner

gwdihw

Post by gwdihw » Thu Nov 26, 2009 7:08 pm
Thank you, was just having a major panic, I've calmed down now. I almost felt sorry for the bloke on the phone that I spoke to as I was so frustrated I burst into tears! He did actually try to reasure me it was all common practise and that he understood how I was feeling (yeah right!!!)

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Thu Nov 26, 2009 7:11 pm
He probably does as he deals with this all the time!

Don't let the sympathy thing from them sway you either. Having watched a Channel 4 programme on it earlier in the year, it's what they do.

Stick to your guns, if you must speak to them, have a polite conversation and then put the phone down.
The greatness of a man is not in how much wealth he acquires, but in his integrity and his ability to affect those around him positively.
Bob Marley.

Julie

Post by Julie » Thu Nov 26, 2009 8:08 pm
You're doing great, just ignore the calls and letters.

If per chance a debt collector does say they're coming around, let us know and we'll all turn up [:D] It'll be a brave debt collector who fronts up to us lot [:D]

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Thu Nov 26, 2009 8:37 pm
I'll be there with you Julie!
Bob Marley.

gwdihw

Post by gwdihw » Thu Nov 26, 2009 8:38 pm
LOL thanks- I'll definately le you know!!!! :-D

rainbowofhope

Post by rainbowofhope » Tue Dec 01, 2009 8:59 pm
HI qwdihw - I'm in exactly the same position as you - I'm getting default notices every other day, but haven't bothered calling my creditors - I've just been passing the letters onto my IP. I'm still waiting on documents too, if that makes you feel any better - relying on other people to send information isn't easy. Keep your chin up, I really have just ignored the letters and sent them on. x

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Tue Dec 01, 2009 9:11 pm
Hope you get your paperwork through soon rainbowofhope.

gwdihw - how are things going with you?
Bob Marley.

flumpy dog

Post by flumpy dog » Tue Dec 01, 2009 9:32 pm
aw gwdihw and rainbow best wishes to you both xx

RooRoo

Post by RooRoo » Wed Dec 02, 2009 5:31 pm
Hiya
Totally know where you are coming from, collections agency from the RBS phoned me about 4/5 weeks ago and was so vile and rude on the phone. I was having one of those days anyway, and my little baby was crying in the back ground, i told the lady that i couldn't speak and she was quite nasty so i ended up bursting into tears on her and put the phone down!
They just use bullying tactics, i've wised up to them now but it's still not nice. Fingers crossed once you get your proposals the harrasment might stop! Mine has, i just get the occassional letter at the moment and i just forward them to my IP.
Keep positive and keep your chin up. Good luck xxx

Shining

Post by Shining » Wed Dec 02, 2009 6:13 pm
Won't be long as others have said and I remember the lead up to the IVA proposal, meeting and acceptance well. But soon you'll be looking back and enjoying the peace and quiet of the phone.
IVA final payment left the bank on the 26th January 2013...looking forward to a debt free future.
14 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “Harrassment by creditors ?”