DEFAULT NOTICE

11 posts Page 1 of 1

bluebelle

Post by bluebelle » Mon Nov 13, 2006 6:32 pm
Hi everyone, I have been chugging away nicely over the last couple of weeks.......hardley any telephone calls or post..IP has already arranged my Creditors Meeting for 24th Nov (only contacted them on 16 Oct). Just got home tonight and received my first ever Default Notice...which for the first time in the last couple of weeks or so...has put me in panic mode![:u]
I think it is because it goes on about bankruptcy orders ie quote 'A default will be registered against you using the date of the bankruptcy order as the date of default'...what bankruptcy order???? anyway i contacted my IP who has reassured me that this is common practice when the creditor receives offical confirmation of the creditors meeting from the IP and not to worry about it and that the creditor cannot take any further action as i am now protected by the court pending the outcome of the meeting next week....so i have now come down from the ceiling[;^)]. On a happier note Morgan Stanley phoned me today to apologise for ringing me!!!!! they meant to put a stop on the automated call system they have but forgot..bless! it is really creepy because i have had very little contact from my creditors in the last 2 weeks...not even from MBNA who were phoning me nearly every day at one point...oh well roll on next Friday (Creditors meeting) maybe only 2 more weeks of potential calls to go!

ray72

Post by ray72 » Mon Nov 13, 2006 6:50 pm
hi bluebelle wow only one default lucky you i got 4 its just formality so file it away with the rest of your paperwork, dont destroy, as you never know if you will need it, but you wont,it will be something to look back at in 5 years time after your iva, and a reminder of (do not go down that road again. all the best

bluebelle

Post by bluebelle » Mon Nov 13, 2006 6:59 pm
Thanks Ray......i am okish now after speaking to my IP..he did say that I could send it to him if i wanted but not to worry..also your email is reassuring as well...but i got to say it has unnerved me a little...thing is i dont know why they are going on about a bankruptcy order in one paragragh when they have knowledged receipt of the IVA from my IP in another paragraph..then it says that they intend to take action on or around the 15th Nov!!..why say it if they can't do anything about it?

neverending

Post by neverending » Mon Nov 13, 2006 7:59 pm
Hi
What you are experiencing and going through is totally normal as is the corrospondence that you are getting from your creditors.Relax,focus on your "new" disciplined life once your IVA is in place.You have done all that you can,leave it to the experts,your IP
Good Luck
Andy Davie

freelili

Post by freelili » Mon Nov 13, 2006 9:09 pm
Hi Bluebell

I am sure you will be ok. Bankruptcy will not get your creditors anything. Just wanted to say i think you have been really brave, sorting this out so quickly and coping with it all so well. You have also gone through it all alone and I am really rooting for you.

good luck for the 24th

LILY
LILY

http://freelili.blogs.iva.co.uk

I asked God for an answer, I have to live with his reply.
Exsisto an angelus quod planto quispiam sentio melior.

freelili

Post by freelili » Mon Nov 13, 2006 9:09 pm
Hi Bluebell

I am sure you will be ok. Bankruptcy will not get your creditors anything. Just wanted to say i think you have been really brave, sorting this out so quickly and coping with it all so well. You have also gone through it all alone and I am really rooting for you.

good luck for the 24th

LILY
LILY

http://freelili.blogs.iva.co.uk

I asked God for an answer, I have to live with his reply.
Exsisto an angelus quod planto quispiam sentio melior.

bluebelle

Post by bluebelle » Tue Nov 14, 2006 7:00 pm
Thanks Lily...the waiting part is the worse...no doubt i will be a bag of nerves this time next week.....In general I am fairly confident but then ever so often doubts creep in. I think what peed me off yesterday was receiving the default notice and what was said in it...i have never ever made a late payment in my life until about 3 weeks ago...yes i was in debt but always managed to keep up the monthly payments...so seeing Default in black and white and the word bankruptcy upset me....more so than any phone call that i have had so far.

Dominic

Post by Dominic » Tue Nov 14, 2006 7:31 pm
same for me it was almost a mtter of pride to keep up the payments silly really.

neverending

Post by neverending » Wed Nov 15, 2006 3:33 pm
Hi
When you think about it we were ALL deemed as good customers and credit risks for our creditors at one point,thats partly why we are in this boat.
Andy Davie

ray72

Post by ray72 » Wed Nov 15, 2006 7:58 pm
you know the top and bottom line of all our situations is simple, we owe the companys money, we cant pay it back, they are cheesed off with us, we offer some back with an iva, they think we got a cheek, they want it all, but the law helps us, they get cheesed off again, we are happy that we have people helping us, we are happy that we got people to talk to in the same possision as us, but you know we are the tops becouse we ARE doing something about our situation, and not just ignoring it,

Dominic

Post by Dominic » Wed Nov 15, 2006 8:29 pm
thats right Ray
11 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “how you were getting on in 2006”