Defaults / credit file query

6 posts Page 1 of 1

Lord Carson

Post by Lord Carson » Thu Jun 26, 2014 10:50 am
IVA start date was Jan 2010 and the majority of creditors have default showing from Jan 2010.

A couple of creditors have defaults past the start of the IVA date - For example Nationwide showing June 2010.
I appreciate I should write to them and get them to change the default date to be in line with the IVA start date.

I should mention that we recently received our IVA completion certificate (May 2014).

What I am struggling to understand is that some of the creditors are showing as "settled" shortly after the start date of the IVA.

Anyone got any idea why that would be?
Will the others with defaults show as "settled" at some point soon?

Michael Peoples

Industry Expert
Post by Michael Peoples » Thu Jun 26, 2014 11:25 am
Some creditors mark defaults as settled once the IVA has been approved. Many debts are subsequently sold on by the creditors and by marking the defaults as settled at the beginning they do not have to worry about doing it after the IVA has concluded when they no longer even own the debt.

This was explained to me by a major bank a few years ago and I think it makes sense.
Michael Peoples | McCambridge Duffy Insolvency Practitioners
http://www.mccambridgeduffy.com
If you would like to talk to me about proposing an IVA or have any questions at all please visit www.mccambridgeduffy.com

Lord Carson

Post by Lord Carson » Thu Jun 26, 2014 11:40 am
So when will the others that are currently showing as defaults be shown as "settled"?
Or wont they?
Last edited by Lord Carson on Thu Jun 26, 2014 11:40 am, edited 1 time in total.

Foggy

Post by Foggy » Thu Jun 26, 2014 11:40 am
Different creditors mark them up differently, some settles, some partially settled ( some not at all) -- it matters not after it has dropped off anyway :-)
My opinions are merely that .. opinions based on experience. Always seek professional advice.
IVA Completed 23rd July 2013 .... C.C. 10th January 2014

Lord Carson

Post by Lord Carson » Thu Jun 26, 2014 11:47 am
This drop off you speak of? Is that 6 years from the IVA start date?

Michael Peoples

Industry Expert
Post by Michael Peoples » Thu Jun 26, 2014 12:33 pm
The defaults should fall off six years after being registered regardless of whether they are marked satisfied or not.
Michael Peoples | McCambridge Duffy Insolvency Practitioners
http://www.mccambridgeduffy.com
If you would like to talk to me about proposing an IVA or have any questions at all please visit www.mccambridgeduffy.com
6 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “template letter suggested by inaiva”