Definately having a BAD time right now

38 posts Page 1 of 3

dots

Post by dots » Wed Sep 19, 2007 3:11 pm
This is a continuation of the post: "... then another bus runs over your foot!"

I think someone is cursing me somewhere!!!

On top of everything else, I have just found out that my bank card has been compromised and someone has cleared out my bank account today! ... Now I have to go through all that hoping it will all be restored ok through their fraud department and I have to wait for a new card... hope I don't need petrol! ... They say it can take up to 7 weeks to clear through fraud process, but it all now is just too much of an added worry... I think I better stick my head out the window so when I blow a gasket, there will be plenty of air-space!!!

Gordon

Try to develop the present to change the future that will enhance new memories of the past... www.thedotdots.com
Outreaching World Concerns
Last edited by dots on Wed Sep 19, 2007 6:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

aguise

Post by aguise » Wed Sep 19, 2007 3:23 pm
Oh Gordon it doesnt rain does it it just pours. I hope they sort it out asap for you. I dont know what to say other than I hope it gets better for you soon. Take a deep breathe and plod on mate, life has this awful way of kicking you when your down, only way is to pick yourself up, dust yourself off and carry on.
Ang xx

Please visit my blog at http://aguise.blogs.iva.co.uk/
Please visit my blog at http://aguise.blogs.iva.co.uk/

iva experts

Post by iva experts » Wed Sep 19, 2007 3:38 pm
Sorry to hear that you are having a rough time Gordon, try and keep your chin up. Sending positive thoughts your way [:D]

Best Regards,
IVA Experts
http://www.iva-experts.co.uk/
Best Regards,
Michelle Pontes
IVA Experts
http://www.iva-experts.co.uk/

dots

Post by dots » Wed Sep 19, 2007 3:49 pm
Thanks for your kind words... I am not sure if I would want the big bad bus coming in regular intervals and just bouncing me about, or this barrage of attacks running back and forth on my foot?

I also do not want to sound like the violin strings in the background, but heck...

1. Mis-guided by my first IP for credit cards
2. Eternal dead ends trying to get a contingency bank account set up
3. My job only has 6 weeks left, then who knows?
4. Now my bank cleared out and account frozen

I have just emailed my new IP, if nothing else but to check his email works, and to let him know the **** has hit the fan and will have to keep him updated as progresses... looks like October payment is going under the sink!

I do play some musical instruments, maybe I should take up the harp if I have to keep harping on!!!???!!!

No, seriously, my skin is a little thicker than all this... I keep getting life like this... ooooh! ... But never understand why!?!?

Gordon

Try to develop the present to change the future that will enhance new memories of the past... www.thedotdots.com

jane.l

Post by jane.l » Wed Sep 19, 2007 3:56 pm
Hope things improve for you, I am also having a day from hell today, and now I have a banging headache too!

dots

Post by dots » Wed Sep 19, 2007 3:57 pm
Just had another alarming thought... I hope I have enough petrol for a week and I cannot get cash from my account even if there was anything in there... My bank is not a high street bank, so no branch to walk into!!! Why on earth did I go "internet only banking"?

Gordon

dots

Post by dots » Wed Sep 19, 2007 3:59 pm
you have a banging headache? I have a heading bangache!

Gordon
:-)()()()( ... not sure what face to use?

dots

Post by dots » Wed Sep 19, 2007 4:02 pm
My biggest worry, is convincing them I did not use the card myself... how on earth do they work all that out I wonder? ... but still gives me bad vibes that I could still get stuffed with the fraud amounts!

Gordon

jane.l

Post by jane.l » Wed Sep 19, 2007 4:03 pm
That’s why I was a bit dubious about internet banking, plus I did not want to pay a charge for my account. Managed to get a basic account at Barclays and there is a branch not far from me so its ideal. I was panicking a bit that we might be refused for it but it was all ok in the end.

jane.l

Post by jane.l » Wed Sep 19, 2007 4:07 pm
Not sure about that, the only experience we have had of fraud is when silly husband went to the cash machine once and walked away leaving his card in the slot!!

I only noticed on the statement the day after that there was a deduction for some petrol at a station we do not use. I rang hubby at work and asked him where his card was, “in my pocket” he said. I asked him to check and it was not there! Doh

Went to bank and they was fine about it, the police were involved and even went to the petrol station to see if they had CCTV to find out who the culprit was, but they didn’t! We got the money back off the bank though in the end

dots

Post by dots » Wed Sep 19, 2007 4:10 pm
My bank was already set up before IVA got rolling, so it did not seem an issue then... hey-ho!

Gordon

katy

Post by katy » Wed Sep 19, 2007 4:10 pm
Sounds like a total nightmare Gordon, I hope it gets sorted very soon for you. Why do bad things always get clumped together? I like your attitude towards things though, it can get you through the bad times and I hope it does for you.

dots

Post by dots » Wed Sep 19, 2007 4:12 pm
Thanks Katy, just makes me very tired naturally and just trying to work out how it got copied or whatever... I do not use it much...

Gordon

iva_squirrel

Post by iva_squirrel » Wed Sep 19, 2007 4:13 pm
I really hope it all get sorted out as soon as possible. I know its difficult but try to remain calm.

Regards,
Michelle P.

dots

Post by dots » Wed Sep 19, 2007 4:16 pm
I am trying to remain calm... but can someone tell me how to get back down off this satellite station next door to the moon... it is doing nothing for my image!

Gordon

38 posts Page 1 of 3
Return to “postbag for september”