Delay in Closing - PPI

Helping to resolve consumer disputes
9 posts Page 1 of 1

jimmys

Post by jimmys » Mon Sep 10, 2012 10:55 am
So I made my last payment to Varden Nutall in Nov 2011, the full 5 years from starting the IVA. Followed by an unexpected further payment in Dec 2011 (only ~£100 due to calculation errors on their part) I was then caught up by the whole VAT debacle.

After chasing and chasing I was told a couple of months back now that the VAT issue is resolved but they still can not close my account as they are now waiting on PPI to be investigated which they have subcontracted out to a PPI specalist, Richardson Mail.

I signed and returned the PPI information in 2011 prior to the final payments, around September / October time and at the time queried whether this would cause any delays to be told it would not.

After chasing to sort this out I was eventially given the contact at Richardson Mail to chase direct, and it turns out they did not even recieve the PPI claim until spring this year.

They are still waiting on 3 companies to reply to confirm there is no PPI, what is even more frustrating is I know as a fact there is no PPI from these creditors but noone will take my word for it.

It is getting close to going into a 7th year now and still neither Varden Nuttals or Richardson Mail see to be in any rush to do anything proactive to close my IVA.

Any advise what I can do to speed up the process?

admin

Site Admin

Post by admin » Mon Sep 10, 2012 5:27 pm
Any answers for Jimmys ?
Admin

Posting Guidelines:
Industry Experts
-Must have appropriate licenses
-Advice is transparent and clear
-No solicitation (web link in signature is ok)

Forum Experts
-Give advice based on personal experience
-Are impartial and transparent

sponge

Post by sponge » Mon Sep 10, 2012 5:31 pm
Did you agree for this company to look at PPI?

MelanieGiles

Industry Expert
Post by MelanieGiles » Mon Sep 10, 2012 6:10 pm
I think that you need to make it clear to your IP firm that you do not believe that you have ever been mis-sold any PPI, and that you expect them to now close your case without any further delay. If they cannot do this for good reason, they do need to let you know what that is.
Regards, Melanie Giles, Insolvency Practitioner

sponge

Post by sponge » Mon Sep 10, 2012 6:30 pm
Get to talk Neil Cromshaw at VN he can make things happen

jimmys

Post by jimmys » Mon Sep 10, 2012 8:00 pm
Sponge- yes I agreed as I was told at the time I had to, and not doing so could lead to failure of the IVA...this was about a year ago.

Melanie- Thanks, I have told them many times now that there is no PPI, but they say they can not take this from me and need the creditors to confirm.

Thanks for the contact, I will try him as the 2 people I speak to just keep palming me off and blaming each other.

MelanieGiles

Industry Expert
Post by MelanieGiles » Mon Sep 10, 2012 8:30 pm
I agree that they may need to independently confirm the accounts on which there may or may not have been PPI sold - but at the end of the day the issue is whether any of the policies - if any actually exist - wree mis-sold is down to you to confirm. It has been known for PPI to have been included in debts without the knowledge of the customer, so best to check and hopefully this will not take too much longer for you now.

jimmys

Post by jimmys » Wed Sep 26, 2012 2:41 pm
So an update....

Got straight onto Gary at VN who promised to look into things, speak to the managers at Richardson Mail and get things moving. That was 3 weeks ago and I havent had an update.

Seems it's upto me to keep doing the chasing!

MelanieGiles

Industry Expert
Post by MelanieGiles » Wed Sep 26, 2012 6:25 pm
Keep chasing jimmys - these things are taking a long time to progress at the moment, and I bet your IP is as frustrated as you are.
9 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “Disputes and IVA Mediation”