Delay in Receiving Completion Certificate (Grant Thornton/Aperture)

4 posts Page 1 of 1

lordramlington

Post by lordramlington » Thu Sep 27, 2018 11:52 am
I completed my IVA in June of last year. I still haven't received my certificate of completion, I've called them/emailed them on several occasions to find out when I will receive it and everything will be officially finalized and all they've said is they have a backlog. Has anyone else had the same wait with GT/Aperture?

Foggy

Post by Foggy » Thu Sep 27, 2018 12:00 pm
I am afraid that Aperture and GT before them (one and the same) are possibly the slowest firm of the lot at getting completions finalised. However, over a year is bad, even for them!
I would suggest a strongly worded letter of complaint, by recorded delivery, direct to the IP which you can then escalate to their regulatory body, via the government gateway, if need be at: https://www.gov.uk/complain-about-insol ... actitioner
My opinions are merely that .. opinions based on experience. Always seek professional advice.
IVA Completed 23rd July 2013 .... C.C. 10th January 2014

lordramlington

Post by lordramlington » Thu Sep 27, 2018 1:05 pm
Hi Foggy!

Thank you for the response and the advice.

I've had a little look around the forum and it certainly seems they are little lax on finalising IVAs. I must say though that this is the only time I've had issue with them, the rest of my experience with them has been fantastic.

lordramlington

Post by lordramlington » Thu Sep 27, 2018 2:18 pm
Just decided to call Aperture and see if I could get any further. Apparently it's because not all funds have been released to my creditors yet!!

The person I spoke to said she will request the banking department sort it out ASAP and then my final report/certificate will be sent to me.
4 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “IVA completed !!”