DFD completion

Get expert opinion. This is the place for new questions to be posted.
16 posts Page 1 of 2

artemischild

Post by artemischild » Mon Oct 08, 2012 7:10 pm
Hi all

Well I promised to keep you updated, especially for those still in the closures, ppi and completions period with DFD!

After several false starts, many broken promises, ppi, vat, computer system updates and several meetings.......I today received a scanned copy of my completion certificate with the original copy posted today to me!![:D]

So that's it, it's finally over (apart from all the updating CRA nightmare!!!) Thank you so much to the many people, past and present, who have offered support, advise and a giggle with me over the last 2 years I've been using this forum. I've not always seen eye to eye with everyone but I've always respected their views and taken on board their thoughts!

Big thanks to all the IP's too who give up much of their time offering free advice to the many who come here for many of the same reasons we all do. Also to Andy to for his relentless managing the great resource that is the forum!

So........hang in there, it will come to an end, please don't loose hope! I look back to where I was 5 1/2 years ago and where I am today, certainly the best decision I made!

A very happy Arty[:p]
*doing a dance in his pants*
IVA completion and certificate received 08/10/2012!!!

Shining

Post by Shining » Mon Oct 08, 2012 7:20 pm
Congratulations enjoy your debt free future. x
IVA final payment left the bank on the 26th January 2013...looking forward to a debt free future.

herbekj

Post by herbekj » Mon Oct 08, 2012 7:40 pm
Congratulations,

But don't worry too much about updating the CRAs, as long as the default dates are correct they will drop off naturually. They seem to be doing that for me without any action from my part.
Last Payment - November 2011 - Completion Certificate received 2 weeks after last payment, Removed from Insolvency Register within 4 weeks after last payment.

12 months to go

Post by 12 months to go » Mon Oct 08, 2012 7:58 pm
Well done Arty , I am so jealous

I emailed my IP at DFD 3 weeks ago asking for an update as to how my closure process was progressing. I received an auto reply saying he was on Hol until the following week, so I emailed the customer care manager, making sure I copied my IP in.. I do not want to name or attempt to shame her,as I think she has a lot on and genuinely seems to help any clients that contact her. The week before last she emailed me apologising for the delay and saying she would get back to me last week, which she did not.,I thought she may have contacted me today, but alas this did not happen.

I don't know whether to contact them again or just leave it to see if anyone makes contact with me this week. In my reply to the customer care managers email tome 3 weeks ago, i said it appeared that you have to push DF every step of the way in order to make progress when awaiting your completion certificate and I'm sad to say that it's even that way when you complain to the customer care manager. My IP hasn't replied in any way , shape or form to any of the emails he has been copied into and the customer care manager hasn't contacted within the timescale she put forward to me.

Oh we'll, lets see if they make contact with me this week, or if I will need to push them YET AGAIN
Last payment made April 2012
Certificate received 1st Nov 2012

MrsR

Post by MrsR » Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:02 pm
Congratulatiosn art !!!
Started IVA 27th Feb 2012 - Due to complete 27th Jan 2018 !!

Full & Final submitted and accepted 30th March 2015, paid 10th April 2015 - 3 yrs 1 month into IVA :)

Completion Certificate received- 30th April 2015!!

Foggy

Post by Foggy » Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:08 pm
Congratulations Arty ... great news :-)
My opinions are merely that .. opinions based on experience. Always seek professional advice.
IVA Completed 23rd July 2013 .... C.C. 10th January 2014

oscar

Post by oscar » Tue Oct 09, 2012 11:06 am
well done on getting to the end!
Oscar
http://rollercoaster.blogs.iva.co.uk/

need to smile today? go on check out my blogs - I'll add to them regularly
Our IVA's over YIPPEE unbelievable!Seems like yesterday it was approved despite everything

vimto1029

Post by vimto1029 » Tue Oct 09, 2012 11:46 am
Brilliant news Arty!!! [:D] [:D] [:D]
When you make a mistake, don't look back at it long...the past cannot be changed. It is the present and future that counts

artemischild

Post by artemischild » Tue Oct 09, 2012 1:17 pm
Thanks all

i logged on here today as usual in my lunch break and read my post totally forgetting it was by me and about me....think ive been in limbo soooo long that i keep forgetting its all done and dusted!!! [:D]

Thanks for all your lovely messages!

arty

angelrainbow

Post by angelrainbow » Tue Oct 09, 2012 1:22 pm
Great news Arty! Reminds me of my dance around the house from a few weeks back[:D]

I know what you mean about the forum too. I have had something of a love/hate relationship with it over the years - even keeping away entirely for quite some time.

It has been invaluable at times though.
Completion Certificate received September 2012.

orchid5

Post by orchid5 » Tue Oct 09, 2012 10:57 pm
Arty that is fantastic news, i've only just caught up with things as back to work now after nearly 9 months off sick, congratulations and a long time coming, hope you have been out celebrating, good luck for the future. xxxx

Hey 12 months to go that means we have hopefully moved up the IVA game of monopoly as Arty has got her certificate, fingers crossed it won't be too long for you now. xxxx
Om shanti, namesté, good luck to all who are embarking on the IVA journey, it isn't always an easy one but the outcome is the best.

IVA COMPLETED August 2012, received Completion certificate 18.4.13.

Niobe

Post by Niobe » Tue Oct 09, 2012 11:02 pm
Well done on getting that letter!

You should now change your signature as you're not banging your head against the wall anymore!!

GilliB

Post by GilliB » Wed Oct 10, 2012 1:48 am
Whoopee Arty!! So, so pleased for you - well done!! x
IVA journey started: 30th March 2009. Settled: 17th July 2012. Completion Certificate received: 13th March 2013. Breathe. x

MelanieGiles

Industry Expert
Post by MelanieGiles » Wed Oct 10, 2012 1:57 am
Great news and well deserved. Hopefully you will still hop on te forum occasionally to let us know how you are getting on.
Regards, Melanie Giles, Insolvency Practitioner

artemischild

Post by artemischild » Wed Oct 10, 2012 9:43 am
Thanks all!
Really appreciate the messages!

Orchid - you heard any more?
Niobe....rich or poor i'll always be banging my head agasint the wall [;)]

Ohh and thanks to Mel too, for your constant support to those on the forum and myself!!

I'll be hanging around for a while yet!

arty
Mel-thanks for your prev
16 posts Page 1 of 2
Return to “Ask IVA Forum and Industry experts”