Dieting during an IVA

74 posts Page 2 of 5

Shining

Post by Shining » Sun Aug 29, 2010 2:30 pm
I've been very greedy today and no doubt this will continue into this evening and might extend to tomorrow, September the 1st, I'm getting my head sorted and going for it. My hubby been dieting and he eats salad, a huge one and fruit all day and then has an evening meal, cut bread out totally and he started this 6 weeks ago and last night I asked him how much he weighed and it's 13:11, he started at 15:10, oh I wish I had his willpower!
IVA final payment left the bank on the 26th January 2013...looking forward to a debt free future.

Mrs Pish

Post by Mrs Pish » Sun Aug 29, 2010 2:41 pm
Porcupine meatballs! When cooked, the rice pokes out like a porcupine, the kids love them.

http://allrecipes.co.uk/recipe/6394/por ... balls.aspx

I just use passata and herbs instead of jarred sauce and you don't need breadcrumbs.

I've been greedy all week, I just got back from holiday (only a week in Wales) and now daren't even get on the scales.

Skippy

Post by Skippy » Sun Aug 29, 2010 2:44 pm
Thanks for that!

I've joined a group as we've got a family christening coming up and I was getting really upset about what I look like. Although it's too soon to really make a difference at least I know I'm doing something and next time they see me hopefully there'll be less of me!

Andy1964

Post by Andy1964 » Sun Aug 29, 2010 2:55 pm
Mange tout always makes me smile, cos it reminds me of Delboys failure to command the French lingo [:D]

Mrs P, do you think porcupine meatballs will appeal to 19 & 22 year old kids??
If we all threw our problems in a pile and saw everyone else’s, we’d grab ours back.

Funds paid to date accepted as F&F 16th August 2013, the wait for completion begins.
Wait over....certificate recieved 3rd May 2014

Mrs Pish

Post by Mrs Pish » Sun Aug 29, 2010 3:02 pm
Andy1964 wrote:

Mrs P, do you think porcupine meatballs will appeal to 19 & 22 year old kids??
They appeal to 37 and 43 year old ones in this house! [:D]

Good luck Skippy (and everyone else), I think a group is a great way to do it. It took me 17 months to lose the weight I wanted to lose but it was better than still being fat 17 months on, if that makes sense.

Skippy

Post by Skippy » Sun Aug 29, 2010 3:34 pm
I know exactly what you mean Mrs Pish. Ever since before my 30th birthday I've been saying I don't want to be fat and 30, 31, 32 etc and I've finally decided that I WON'T be fat and 36!

I know I'm going to lose it slowly, but hopefully that means I might keep it off.

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Sun Aug 29, 2010 5:07 pm
I did the most drastic route you can go down. Don't regret it and am now slimmer than I have ever been.

Painful? Yes. Worth it? Most definetely.
Sharing from experiences of dealing with debt
The greatness of a man is not in how much wealth he acquires, but in his integrity and his ability to affect those around him positively.
Bob Marley.
http://kallis3.blogs.iva.co.uk

Skippy

Post by Skippy » Sun Aug 29, 2010 5:26 pm
I admire you for doing that Jan as I couldn't - I wouldn't like not knowing I couldn't eat a full meal ever again, and I've got a phobia of being sick, so it's definitely not the route for me!

You look fantastic though!

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Sun Aug 29, 2010 5:32 pm
Funnily enough, it doesn't bother me that I can't eat a full meal again. or that I'm not bothered by sweet stuff (this from a chocoholic!)

I don't like being sick, but it's a price I had to pay.

Thanks for the compliment Skip.
The greatness of a man is not in how much wealth he acquires, but in his integrity and his ability to affect those around him positively.
Bob Marley.

Skippy

Post by Skippy » Sun Aug 29, 2010 5:52 pm
I think I'm ready to do WW properly this time. Even though I'm having a bad weekend I know I can start again tomorrow, and I've found that my tastes are changing. I used to read about people eating mainly chicken and fish and think how boring, but I'm really enjoying it.

I've also found that I'm learning to substitute foods with lower point versions - salad cream instead of mayonnaise for example, and if I want chocolate it's now a 2 finger KitKat instead of a Wispa.

carole2662

Post by carole2662 » Sun Aug 29, 2010 8:22 pm
I had gallblader problems a few years ago and had to cut back on fat untill I had the thing removed. I now find I still have the pains if I eat too much fat and so I tend to leave well alone. I also gave up refined sugar so no sweets biscuits or cake for me but I have managed to loose 2 stone and now feel much better.

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Sun Aug 29, 2010 8:33 pm
I've had gall bladder problems in the past and know what they can be like. Mine was pain for hours and hours and then throwing up. Not good. I hope I never have to go through that again.
Bob Marley.

Skippy

Post by Skippy » Mon Aug 30, 2010 10:19 am
Thankfully I haven't had that, although a few people in my family have.

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Mon Aug 30, 2010 6:25 pm
I really thought I would have problems again with having shed so much weight so quickly - it was doing that which caused it the last time.

Fortunately it hasn't flared up.
Bob Marley.

Neleheel

Post by Neleheel » Tue Aug 31, 2010 6:54 pm
Thanks to everyone for their ideas and suggestions, especially Mrs Pish whose menu sounds excellent - do you have a recipe for the tomato sauce that you had with the chicken on Monday? That sounds really nice!

I feel much happier that I can managed to live within the IVA guidelines.

Thanks to you all
Helen
74 posts Page 2 of 5
Return to “weight watchers club”